FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
hi paul

Greenpoint incinerator i was the forman there for certifi electric when they install the ash moveing project in around 93 ,(it was the year that local walk over the bridge for a rally to city hall )

frank

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Fry I was the foreman there for two years for ADCO electric. I had a trailer in the lot. I think you guys did too.
I probably stole, I mean borrowed material from you guys.
I did all of the changing of the controls to digital and also made all of the breakers into GFI's. They were a couple of hundred pounds each and I sent them out for modification.
Filthy job.
Are you retired yet?

Last edited:

FRY

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
that might have been a project after the one i was on, do you remember the blue building with the bridge (with the conveyers) to the incinerator to bring the ash to be ship out,

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I can't remember what I ate for breakfast an hour ago but I think I was the last contractor there. They de-commissioned it soon afterward because it was built with 1970 technology and was not clean enough for current air control standards but the federal money had to be used before they could get more money to tear it down. Big waste of taxpayer money.
Paul

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
retire16.jpg

May your days be filled with joy, health, and Peace my friend!

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Awibrandy, my boss who is a friend of mine (we started in the business together almost 40 years ago) found out from my Union that I can work for him as an electrician on the books while I am retired for 40 hours a month.
He called me to tell me that. So I said, "So why are you telling me this?"
What does that have to do with me?
Can you say RETIRE?
Some people just don't get it. :eek:
Have a great day.
Paul

Last edited:

Skunk

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Paul! Glad to see a fellow brother reach that point. Best of luck and thanks for carrying on with the brotherhood, you served well!

Now go out there and have a blast!

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Congrats Paul!

for a college kid like me who hasn't even started a career yet, i am so jealous...you have no idea.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
for a college kid like me who hasn't even started a career yet, i am so jealous...you have no idea.

Froggie, I am jealous that you are a college kid. The problem is that when I was your age I thought I knew everything. Wrong. I wish I knew then what I know now. I diden't go to college and neither did most of my friends. It was almost un heard of then. My Dad died when I was very young and a job was the most important thing to get. I did very well in my career as a construction electrician, if I had gone to college I would have been an electricial engineer working twice the hours for half the pay.:)
Of course I also probably would not have needed two shoulder and three knee operations.
As for the fish, they are so much easier to keep now. At first I used to check out the tank early in the morning to see if anything had died. Now I know that never happens anymore. I have not lost a fish in many years unless it jumped out or there was an accident.
I was lucky enough to have married a beautiful girl (who I met when she was 12, no I diden't go out with her then) and she also likes diving. We traveled a lot and I think I dove with every type of fish I have ever had. I have been looking forward to retiring for many years as I am too busy to work. I get up over an hour earlier than I have to every day to work on a project that is my focus at the moment. My tank is a hodgepoge of contraptions, inventions, and (in my mind anyway) innovations. If I move I may get a larger tank but since we travel so much I have to see who I can get to look after it when we are away. My biggest problem is that I have too many hobbies and not enough time.
Good luck in your College and enjoy all of the things that will come your way.
Have a great day.
Paul

Attachments

• jodi.BMP
    138.8 KB · Views: 91

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Congrats Paul, I retired about 4 years ago & never looked back. You have to get out as soon as you are financially able to and focus on enjoying life. My son just got his journeymans card in local 3 & he is quite happy (so am I-maybe he'll get out of the house now, lol). Enjoy your retirement and good luck to new beginnings.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Sporty I like it better now. If it were not for furlough I couldn't keep my boat.
I would rather have 10 weeks off with unemployment that 5 weeks with just my vacation pay. I always counted my wealth in time off. Money is easy, they throw that at you every week but time is something there is never enough of.
I never worked even a minute of overtime if I could get out of it. I was always a foreman so sometimes it was hard.
Now I will have the rest of my life off except for the business I just started but that is part time and I can make my own hours or work no hours.
Paul

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: