NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
hmmmm well i am a gamer also, been playing war craft series since 1994. car's are a hobby, but i do it for a living, and i am night time mom so not much life left for me at end of the day

lhkorn99

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Since everyone else is sharing....

I have been practising Martial Arts (akido) for almost a year now, and als practise TM (Transcendental Meditation) twice daily...also a HUGH howard stern fan!

Anyone else have any of the above interests?

tsinkoy

loopy newbie
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What's the difference between TM and regular meditation (Vipassana or something)? I have been wanting to try out meditation, but haven't really found a place where. I want to do the 10 day retreats at Dhamma.org, but I want to see if I can do that stuff for a couple of hours first.

Since everyone else is sharing....

I have been practising Martial Arts (akido) for almost a year now, and als practise TM (Transcendental Meditation) twice daily...also a HUGH howard stern fan!

Anyone else have any of the above interests?

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
autoponicz, which one is it? Girlfriend or wife? Or Girlfriend AND wife? :eek:rangehat

LOL....i have a girlfriend ...but i was just saying in general that its mandatory for evryone,,,,:biglaugh:
back in the days in china.....we were allowed to have multiple wifes...

i also been training martial arts in my earlier years.....(hung gar)tiger and crane was my style
but been with this school for over 10 years and we do alot of liondancing....even though i dont have much time to train....im there for every chinese new years to parade the streets of chinatown.:thrash:

Last edited:

lhkorn99

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
TM is a mantra based meditation technique...very simple to learn and do...I suggest going to TM.ORG to see the research and learn more...It is not cheap to learn, but once you learn it you have it for a lifetime...It has done alot for me..If you want more info on it feel free to PM me.

"What's the difference between TM and regular meditation (Vipassana or something)? I have been wanting to try out meditation, but haven't really found a place where. I want to do the 10 day retreats at Dhamma.org, but I want to see if I can do that stuff for a couple of hours first."

alistair

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Bump for an interesting thread

I'm into outdoors .... I hike and camp alot in the Adirondack mountains, mostly in winter. In the spring I want to get into rock climbing.
I play and coach soccer.
I play trumpet, although over the last few years I have stopped practising.
And I just bought a kayak last year .....
In the summer, I kayak. I volunteer at a non-profit and we put people out on boats on Hudson to promote the Hudson River as a recreational area.
...... I'd be interested in hearing more about these kayaking activities. Send me a PM.

dmr2000

Yo Dude !!!
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I drink & smoke & ride and home improvements plus lazy days around the pool Picture 029.jpg

066_66.JPG

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Great thread...

we are busy at home with the obvious, tank, secondly the small petting zoo we have acquired because we are pet people. Time & weather willing we go fishing every chance we get... no boat of our own though.

Miss our ATVs that is always good times. Best time to ATV IMO is in Winter, but lets face it Winter doesn't seem to exist here anymore :(

Playing darts and enjoying a good :beer: in good company too.

Never a dull moment, may not be as exciting as most but it keeps me busy. And lil' man is the gamer, he has Dreamcast, PS2, X-box, Wii, Gamecube, my old Sega, My old Nintendo and more games known to man than any 7 yo I know. He's damn good too... it's funny when our friends come over to play or we go to a friends house and he smashes them. :lol:

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Well, at the moment I don't do much other than teach and play reefkeeper..
but here is a list of things I did and thoroughly enjoyed:
Performing real research in a lab/field setting
Playing the alto saxophone and C sharp flute
Mountain Climbing
Lying in the grass looking at clear night skies or fuzzy clouds
Waking up on a blue and shiny day to stare up at my ceiling and day dream

:) That's all I want to do.

daisy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I teach Jewish content to every age and have been doing this for maybe 20 years. It's my job, my hobby, my passion. I do it for pay as well as volunteer.

But when I'm exhausted emotionally and spiritually, I make jewelry. That helps me get back to a centered place so to speak.

I learned to dive a few years ago, but don't do it as much as I will if I ever have enough money to take vacations...

I love to read, but don't do it enough because I currently work too many jobs.

I also love to cook - not bake, but cook. Soups, one-dish meals, very healthful stuff.

And I like to go out on other people's boats! ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: