autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Auto, the compression on my motor was up to 11.2:1 . "Highly marginal for street use" lol, had to use the denso iridium plugs on it. AC removed, power steering removed, if it wasn't for that tree attacking my car at 80mph she would have been turned into a track car. Still have plans for her though but she'll probably end up just a del sol body made to fit around some huge crate. Kind of like those monster miatas :shhh:. Oh and converted to rwd.

honda usually would need to be force inducted to gain some serious power and a worked motor...or you need some serious money to do an all-motor honda and then the suspension need alot of work to handle the extra power....
im waiting for someone to swap a RDX turbo motor into these rice rockets.....that would be fun to see...
but i have a blast driving my car even though its not the fastest...

yummy..
03.jpg

Last edited:

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just had to post this .... a couple years ago, me spanking the 5.0 slow
Wish i could do that now, but with over 120k on the motor cant say that she could put up a fight like she used to lol
High end is still there, but the low end torque that used to put me in my seat is getting outdated ... By the way its the
famous VR6, not the over-rated 1.8T

Attachments

• GTI3.jpg
    GTI3.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
House let them play with their toys. We all have to learn eventually. I put 5k into my first car, a dohc vtec del sol, and it only boosted the whp by 80 making it 240 NA. I put a lot more money into my first mustang but the gains made it 550 rwhp and in relative terms of money to actual gains, I spent far less on the mustang and ended up with a car that would still obliterate 99% of what's out there. They'll eventually learn and realize there is no replacement for displacement.

it's all about the hp to weight ratio...

you can get an old CRX, strip it down, spend a couple grand to build the motor and drivetrain and have a 10 second car....

the reason the big displacement cars need all that hp is because they are pigs

Last edited:

RyanG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think of this deal.

99 Civic Four dour. Prelude 2.2 v-tech swap. custom imported trans with bronze misubishi gears, tuner, body kit, header, 18 inch wheels. Custom lumenescent paimt(glows in the dark) dynoed at 240ish(dont remember the details exactly) Professionally built well done car. 6500. I have no clue about tuner cars my history is 23 T bucket and 1950 Ford 2 door custom coupe. Gas prices are forcing the sale of the coupe for a daily driver so I can park my truck.

Asking price is 6500 deal or no deal

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
if your going to pickup the civic for a dailydriver....the car is not really a good candidate for a daily driver with the mods listed....and those 18"wheels will also contribute to using more gas...i dont even think 18" wheels can fit into the wheel wells of a civic....the suspension would need to be really stiff or your gonna be rubbing your tires all the time......

autoponicz

powered by MR
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
geez did someone order any wontons with all this rice? :lol2:

i dont know about wontons...they go well with soup..
but i like my rice with chicken and brocolli...lol..

rice= wannabe modded cars...with stickers,neon lights,neon windshied washers,chrome pepboys wheels,etc.....

alex....i wish that was my swap....i cant afford 10g on the swap itself....im not hardcore enough for that...plus all my other hobbies pull my wallets dry..:eek:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
We call them "The pep boy special" lol. If you go to the track you will never see the guys who know what they are doing with 18"s, it's always 17"s. If you payed me 6500 I might consider driving a car with neon paint for a few hours. What ever money you may save in gas (though like Auto said I doubt it would be much if anything) you will spend in tickets. The fact is that anything that distracts people, like the led washer dispensers or glow in the dark paint, is illegal and you can get a ticket for it, except the cost to fix your entire paintjob isn't so small. I would leave this one alone for several reasons, but above all, you never want to buy someone elses work. Regardless of how reputable the builder is, built cars are driven like built cars, whether it's an intake or a full bore and stroke job with cams and gears etc. Find a used car with low mileage for a fraction of that price and you won't have to be the guy with the glowing rice lol.

dodogoby

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My car was just Dynoed at 270whp which translates to about 325hp to the crank.
My goal is to get dyno tuned this year to get around 300whp+ which is around 375+ to the crank.

Mr. 270 HP :tongue1: how much more $$$ is this 300HP goal of yours going to cost me? :smash: Give it up... your your gg is slooooooooow. :tongueani

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
AquaticExpress, how many PSI is your turbo running at? 300whp shouldn't be too difficult in that setup. I haven't been into imports for a long time so I'm not up on any of the new parts in the last few years but you might even be able to hybridize your turbo and remap the fuel and spark. I also don't know specifically what your car is set at but you probably have some wiggle room to play with. As far as I know those motors can withstand a significant amount of boost without worrying too much about further work. But, you also have to think about the fact that HP isn't everything and there are other ways to get your ETs down. If it's just for the street there's a whole list of easy machine shop stuff you can do. I've seen cars with a lot more HP than my last mustang get eaten by her like they were at a dead stop.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Now you've gotten me into the car thing again /sigh. Another option, if you haven't done it already, is to find a good machine shop with experience and have your crank shaved and maybe swap out the underdrive pulley for a billet unit. reducing the rotating mass of your assembly can free up HP that gets used up by the weight of your parts between the combustion chamber and your wheels. Just as an example, in my del sol I swapped out the stock 3 belt pulley for a single billet piece from unorthodox and it dropped from I think 8lbs to maybe 2. The weight reduction along with the removal of the AC and power steering belts freed up 37 hp. You don't have to go that nuts by eliminating the ac and ps but the weight makes a huge difference. Plus in some cases it's cheaper than upgrades.

grundig5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My old subi...did 298whp/310tq with a VF30 on a 98 degree day at 6000 feet :)

Attachments

• 47b5da38b3127cce916c11cd87c300000016108Ycs2jVi2o.jpg
    47b5da38b3127cce916c11cd87c300000016108Ycs2jVi2o.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 64

Aquatic Life Direct

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
151   0   0
w00t w00t! Subie owners please chime in! beautiful bugeye!

LFS, this isnt a race car so I'd like the car to have the AC.. pullies are a good idea....

I've owned plenty of cars which i had to modify....

-98 Civic Sedan Modified
-91 CRX Modified
-90 Eagle Talon TSi Modified
-91 Acura Integra Modified
-91 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Modified
-05 Subaru WRX Modified.

I can never seem to drive around in a stock car... except maybe the mini van...:lol2:

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Was just giving you an idea as to what direction you could go in. Lightening the rotating mass and some of the stationary parts makes a big difference if you do it right. Do the pulleys and flywheel and either an aftermarket crank or shave your stock and I promise you the difference will be VERY noticeable. Faster revs FTW.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I hear that. My current mustang was supposed to be a "between" car when the 05's were coming out. I was holding out for a new shelby but with work it didn't make sense so I need to get a pickup now (RT10 was a thought lol). But, I couldn't leave it alone so I ended up putting a MAC intake on it just for the grunt. Least I saved a few bucks by holding back I can put it into the new dodge when I get it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: