House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Deanos - we have more in common than I thought -

I worked in restaurants for 11 years and put myself through college - in the last restaurant I worked in (8 years - Pennyfeathers) they used to call me Jimbo - nothing fancy. Then an old friend got a job as an assistant mamager. He and I ran track and field in HIgh School - I ran for Curtis, he ran for McKee Tech. I knew him, not that well, but we reunited at this restaurant in 1989, 2 years after I started working there. Everyone started to call him Ronbo cause he and I got along and knew each otuer so well.

Hang on it's a long story . . . . . . .

My name was inspired by a Thai busboy who never spoke - he was a 36 yr and worked as a busboy to put himself through a doctoral program in Physics at Wagner College. He never talked, and no one was really nice to him cause we were in staten island, and he was a different asian type and it was 1987 - now, Shiao Lin is differenet and has many asian culturee as well as south east asians as well - but back then, there were few asians (never understood why people treated him differently).

Anyhow, I was always nice to this guy and always offered him a different lunch than the staff was eating cause he never ate. It was a quiet Sunday and we just turned 345 brunch covers and he and I were the only 2 staff staying on for a second shift (bridal showers, ,2 of them at 190 ppl each). I said to him "Sam, you want a roast beef club?" He was reaching into a refirgerator in the waiters station and pulling out milk - he turned to me and said sure, turned his head back into the fridge, then looked back out and said "From now on, I call you Jimbo-Ha!"

I said really? OK - he said, that is a sign of respect from his village back home that they gave to the elders.

Since then, everytime someone did something respectful, they would put a "Ha" at the end of thier names - One day Ron (Ronbo-Ha) and I moved in together. A few months after moving in together, we had our housewarming party inviting Sam. On the outside door, the sign read -

Welcome to the "House of Ha"

Now, my screen name is really Houseofha, but you can say what you want it to look like, and I changed it to House of Laughter, cause we had a ton of laughs in that house.

Ron is still one of my closest friends and I consider him a brother. Sam attended the housewarming party and grauated getting a job at Bell Laboratories in NJ.

There it is . . . .

House

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
House of Laughter said:
in the last restaurant I worked in (8 years - Pennyfeathers) they used to call me Jimbo

the one on 7th ave. ?
I worked at that one in the summer of '86 I think that was the year.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
LOL Reefer.

I read House's post again and thats a damn touching story.

Well, here's a breakdown of my tag, Froggiebunbun.
How can I put it, I'm whipped. The name is a combination of my nickname and my girlfriend's nickname. Ever since I was a kid, people called me Froggie. I never really quite knew why, maybe cuase I jumped high (got mad ups) or flicked my tongue a lot. Don't know. Anyways, the Vietnamese word for Froggie is "coc." LOL....I know. So instead of calling me that, my Americanized cousins called me Froggie instead. BunBun is something I call my girlfriend when we started dating. She liked bunnies as a kid. She also has a nice tushy so I always teased her about your big "buns." Since there are two buttcheeks, thus the name BunBun, in connection with the booty and bunnies. Together we make Froggiebunbun. Orf if you want to say in Vietnamese, it's Cocbunbun, which is a damn funny and fitting combination. So when I signed up for MR, I thought it was somethiing we should share so I made the tag mutual.

Bottomline is I'm whipped. Can't even make my own private tag...:redface:

Last edited:

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
inkblue said:
...believe it oR not, it's my eX's handle... the eX gF who wanteD to kiLL her parents. i knoW, am weird. i waS thinKing that thiS would make a good company (marketing fiRm) name so i uSe it juSt in caSe i wanna opEn one :smokin: :arg:

if u start one, let me know- could use some better work :)

my handle is pretty obvious... imagine where i spend my friday-saturday nights and you've got my handle LOL

DRZL

**ROCKSTAR**
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
froggiebunbun said:
Bottomline is I'm whipped

LMAO! u :meow: !

and here I was thinking u were a hermaphrodite w. an alter ego,

BTW an asian chick w/ buns? u better hold on to that! thats LE right there!:biggrinpa

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
DRZL said:
BTW an asian chick w/ buns? u better hold on to that! thats LE right there!:biggrinpa
true that!

mine is simple my dog's name is ACE and 1981 was the year i was born. scarf was just something i threw in to give it more character. there has to be a million scarface handles.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
ALRHA is actually my initials (ALbert R. HAsson). I chose it back in '94 when i started on AOL and kept it. i like it because it is from my name, but doesnt give it away - it should really be all in CAPS, but i cant get this site to display it in CAPS.
In college, people started calling me ALRHA and since then most of my friends call me ALRHA. Anything associated with me tends to be called __RHA as well. For ex. I drive a Toyota Solara which then becamed called the SolaRHA. My friends began appending __RHA to the ends of their names too when they acheived "RHA" status.
Don, buy enough Xenia and you may one day be called DonRHA...

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
alrha said:
ALRHA is actually my initials (ALbert R. HAsson). I chose it back in '94 when i started on AOL and kept it. i like it because it is from my name, but doesnt give it away - it should really be all in CAPS, but i cant get this site to display it in CAPS.
In college, people started calling me ALRHA and since then most of my friends call me ALRHA. Anything associated with me tends to be called __RHA as well. For ex. I drive a Toyota Solara which then becamed called the SolaRHA. My friends began appending __RHA to the ends of their names too when they acheived "RHA" status.
Don, buy enough Xenia and you may one day be called DonRHA...
Haha, thats cool Albert, but now everyone knows your name. I have a buncha xenia in my tank, a whole forrest...will I be donned as Froggiebunbunrha now? :sleepy:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
handball...ugh oh. I was the founder and president of my HS handball club...which doesnt mean shienitz. LOL. We gotta hit the courts sometime noodle.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: