BIG L A

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I also have both systems... I get the exclusive games for each individual system... But as for games that are on both, I get my sport games for PS3 and my on-line games for X-BOX 360... I bought COD 4 for both I like the campaign for PS3 but the on-line play I have to stick with 360...

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Given that I have both and I am an absolute gadget freak. I say if you are buying for games go with the Xbox and just buy a $100 Blu ray player-- prices will be lower on black friday (depending what size your TV is).

- Xbox's online player system is much more robust. Also the netflix stability/functionality is great on the 360.

- You have Gears of War, Halo, and Xbox exclusive games which are awesome. No doubt PS3 has some titles like GoWIII, MGS4, GT5, etc. -- it really depends on the genre

- If I were you I'd just go on Craigslist and snag up the Ps3 and xbox 360 used combined for the price of a new one. You can like pick up an old 40 gig ps3 and a xbox 360 20gb pro for a great price on craigslist.

Ted, that's a good idea about craigslist, although I'm a bit hesitant to buy something like that on CL... It's tough to tell if the set was dropped or abused at all.. I'm sure there are not always visual cues. Also, due to somewhat questionable reliability issues with some of the systems, I'd like a Warranty to go along with it.

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
i also have xbox ps3 and the wii (the wii is my wifes) my PS3 sits in the cabinet with about an inch of dust. Xbox has more game titles and better game play.
I like playing xbox live simply cause any glitches are quickly fixed if it interferes with fair game play, like climbing in the walls or blowing your self up and getting thrown into a wall or walking outside game playing field and shooting players when they can not shoot back.
The one good thing about PS3 is that you can hack it and run Linux and use it just like a computer.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/how_to/4263321.html
If your good with computers follow the instructions in the link easy and fun to do, at least I thought so. Don?t buy the slim if you want to hack it though, they removed a lot including the OS.
That an the fact you can burn copies of games and play them live. Where Xbox does something to your console if they catch you playing live with hacked copied versions of the game.
So if you copy games or download a game not avail in the US yet don?t play it online. Its not a hard fix if they shut your console down but a real PITA.
Personally, I hate Microsoft but, I have to give the thumbs up to the 360, just a better gaming system and more of a game selection.
PS was fun for SOCOM but that quickly died off and now collects dust also.
I can not see spending that kind of money just for a blu ray player, not when I bought a pioneer for 150.00
Choice is your.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I dont know much about these systems. But my son has PS3..... We are on our 4th console since 12/07.. Thank Goodness for 2yr replacement warranty.
But being a Home Theater junkie and spending crazy amounts of money over the past 20 years on gear. I have never owned a unit as prone to breaking as the PS3. It is a REAL POS when it come to operating properly
PS. For those of you that have the Old style PS3 with a warranty from Best Buy.
Bring it back & say it is broken. You will get the new console & also any $$$$ you spent over $299.00 when you originally puchashed
I paid 499.00 and got a credit for 217.00 and a brand new PS3.
Now I have Sattelite Radio For Free:splitspin
I,m Back Howard:tongue1::tongue1:

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Then you need to see Transformers 2 on Bluray - night and day.

House

Just look at the exclusive games and determine which ones you like.

If you want Halo you have to get a 360. If you want MGS4 then you need a PS3. Everything else is about the same.

I don't know about Blu Ray, I really have not seen any movies that I think absolutely required seeing it in blu.

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
How does it feel to be part of the VAST minority?????
It feels good, never was a follower. Just stop it you, don't hate.
Just watch, you'll see. you paid to hear howie, watch the amount of days this guy is off. You hear more of his past recorded shows then live. He's off on fridays, they replay his shows.
Don't get it twisted, i bought the best of sirus on my xm to listen, but his show is not as good as it was on K-ROK.

Attachments

• Opieanthony.jpg
    Opieanthony.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 56

TOTAL AQUARIUMS

Chief of the Tang Police
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just buy a high end computer and it can do all of what was said and more......why settle? Better graphics, can do way more than either console, larger mod communities, vastly upgradeable so you don't have to rebuy an entire unit every few years when the new model comes out, can run a home theatre, etc.... come to the dark side.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I dont know much about these systems. But my son has PS3..... We are on our 4th console since 12/07.. Thank Goodness for 2yr replacement warranty.
But being a Home Theater junkie and spending crazy amounts of money over the past 20 years on gear. I have never owned a unit as prone to breaking as the PS3. It is a REAL POS when it come to operating properly
PS. For those of you that have the Old style PS3 with a warranty from Best Buy.
Bring it back & say it is broken. You will get the new console & also any $$$$ you spent over $299.00 when you originally puchashed
I paid 499.00 and got a credit for 217.00 and a brand new PS3.
Now I have Sattelite Radio For Free:splitspin
I,m Back Howard:tongue1::tongue1:

I have a first gen 60 gb ps3. Day one adopter of course... I didn't wait in line I was smart about it lol. I had to buy a USB fan to keep operating temperatures cool and I freakin mapped out my home theater set up from ventilation to wire temps haha. So I don't know about set it and forget it. I'd leave at least 6 inches of room ABOVE the ps3 to keep it cool.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Ted, that's a good idea about craigslist, although I'm a bit hesitant to buy something like that on CL... It's tough to tell if the set was dropped or abused at all.. I'm sure there are not always visual cues. Also, due to somewhat questionable reliability issues with some of the systems, I'd like a Warranty to go along with it.

Yea it's an understandable worry. You can more or less gauge the person and ask for many pictures and scrutinize the console. I helped my friend buy a first gen PS3 and it was and still is fine :P .

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have a first gen 60 gb ps3. Day one adopter of course... I didn't wait in line I was smart about it lol. I had to buy a USB fan to keep operating temperatures cool and I freakin mapped out my home theater set up from ventilation to wire temps haha. So I don't know about set it and forget it. I'd leave at least 6 inches of room ABOVE the ps3 to keep it cool.

That is good advice Ted. I did not know it was a temp. issue.
It is going to be hard to keep it cool sitting next to 5 bridged Parasound HCA 1000 A's Though LOL + 50" Plasma runs hot. Processor runs hot,
I barely have to turn my heat on as it is. I Guess the PS3 will suffer

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
I only did it because I was playing MGS4 and a notification on the screen came up saying my PS3 was getting too hot. I bought the fan instead of having it burn haha.

Yea if it's sitting next to all that AV Equipment I would definitely try to throw 1 or 2 fans in there. A Vornado Zippi fan will help. Quiet and small.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
PS3 is the way to go. modern warfare 2 and assassins creed 2 are on both systems. If you are into the ratchet and clank series they are coming out with a new one of them soon as well as God of war 3- one of the most awaited games of the year. Also if you are into final fantasy games 13 and versus 13 is coming out soon as well as the remake of 7 and kingdm hearts 3probably next year. But blu ray destroys hd discs and ps3 is now $299(yea it doesnt look as good as the original but still does the job), yes more than the $199 xbox but that version soon turns into the need to spend $200 more because it is a piece of crap.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: