E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Which would you choose?

I like the PS3's blu ray player, but xbox has Halo 3 and the related strategy game. Halo 1 is one of my favorite video games. The new Call of Duty and Assassins Creed 2 look like fun games as well..

The other games that I care about are on both systems.

:beer: :thanks:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
ps3 man.. blu-ray. none of that online membership crap. netflix is going to stream to ps3 too soon.

i bought a system b/c of the games once...the system was called dreamcast.

bubbles4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
ps3 man.. blu-ray. none of that online membership crap. netflix is going to stream to ps3 too soon.

i bought a system b/c of the games once...the system was called dreamcast.

is netflix def. going to start streaming to ps3? is there a set date do you know?
netflix is one of my main reasons for having xbox right now.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Just look at the exclusive games and determine which ones you like.

If you want Halo you have to get a 360. If you want MGS4 then you need a PS3. Everything else is about the same.

I don't know about Blu Ray, I really have not seen any movies that I think absolutely required seeing it in blu.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If your really going to play the games then get the system for the games. If your going to spend the majority of your time watching movies or streaming video/audio then get the PS3.

The only reason people get PS3 is for the blue ray. And i think its alot easier to get working with all video formats than xbox is but i haven't read anything into that for a few months so things could have changed.

Nothings required through blue ray but there is a big difference in picture quality if you have all the rest of the parts to support 1080 res. Did a test on the normal dvd quality transformers movie vs the blue ray this past weekend and the difference was very noticable from the very start. It all depends if that really matters to you.

And i thought blue ray is going to be gone in 5 years. Some new format coming out or something?

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
The ps3 is all in one, so you pay more. Up front, there. Are a few good games but not as many a xbox. Both will have netflix, online play is free, bluray player, easy to upgrade hdd.
The xbox has a huge amount of games to choose from. You need to pay for online gaming. Wireless feature is an option. Hdd expensive to upgrade, unless u know how to hack. IMHO I have both systems, the xbox has the most games to choose from.

greggnyce

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Get both if you can. The blue ray is great because you get more options with the console. The online gaming is definatly better on the xbox, yes you pay for it, but it is better. I got the ps3 to play socom and the game is great but people are constantly losing their connections and getting booted. I also feel there are less kids on xbox since you have top pay every year, which is nice on the ears when playing online. I have ps3 and xbox and for Modern warfare I am going with the xbox. Just my .02

Amill

120 Gallon Reef
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have both PS3 and XBOX! XBOX Has More Viarity in games then PS3. PS3 Does Not reqiure membership to play online as for XBOX does. Thiers more Online Comp on XBOX Live. PS3 Has some HOT Old school games.
We Play with the XBOX More then the PS3 But that's just us And the PS3 Has blue ray

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Given that I have both and I am an absolute gadget freak. I say if you are buying for games go with the Xbox and just buy a $100 Blu ray player-- prices will be lower on black friday (depending what size your TV is).

- Xbox's online player system is much more robust. Also the netflix stability/functionality is great on the 360.

- You have Gears of War, Halo, and Xbox exclusive games which are awesome. No doubt PS3 has some titles like GoWIII, MGS4, GT5, etc. -- it really depends on the genre

- If I were you I'd just go on Craigslist and snag up the Ps3 and xbox 360 used combined for the price of a new one. You can like pick up an old 40 gig ps3 and a xbox 360 20gb pro for a great price on craigslist.

Galantra

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ture I am also like Aznt collecting gadgets I have white and black xbox both the new and older PS3, and even american and europe wii's

Really depends on what kind of games you are looking to play all systems worth having in my opinion

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: