Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I have both, plus the Wii, with the X360 modded. Everyone has their own points of which system to get. Personally for me, it was which system my friends and family has so I can play multiplayer with them... I do feel that the Xbox Live has better downloadable content, even their $10 games seem a little better, although they really need to revise that Microsoft point system. That's quite annoying. For movies and entertainment, PS3 hands down. Blu-ray, and the fact I can stream anything I throw at it via PS3 Media Server, I even stream entire Blu-ray movies, not a problem; not sure if it's because of the Quad core server I'm using to stream and transcode (if needed), but it works perfectly.

No RRoD (knock on wood) on my X360, and it's a day 1 box. That box got banned since, so I got a HDMI version as a replacement. However I did have my PS3 60GB repaired, another day 1, it was sent back to Sony due to overheating. I guess the 14 hour marathons when COD4 came out didn't help.

At the end of the day, it's which system works for you. I have my MW2 preordered for PS3... but I was told by a little birdie that MW2 is already leaked for X360 ;)

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
but I was told by a little birdie that MW2 is already leaked for X360 ;)
it is, on a couple of underground p2p. MS has already put the warning out. Get caught and your system and live account is booted permanently no suspension, booted for good. or unless you wanna spend the money on a new serial number (a new box)

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
it is, on a couple of underground p2p. MS has already put the warning out. Get caught and your system and live account is booted permanently no suspension, booted for good. or unless you wanna spend the money on a new serial number (a new box)

Yea, people are stupid for playing on Live with it. It's been stealth patched since... but still not worth the risk. I got one box banned already...

1 more week!

sharkbait69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Yea, people are stupid for playing on Live with it. It's been stealth patched since... but still not worth the risk. I got one box banned already...

1 more week!
oh?? i did not know that. I'll have to check a certain underground and see. i 'would' just pulled my internet cable to play if io had copies of games. I 'hear' it an awesome game

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
oh?? i did not know that. I'll have to check a certain underground and see. i 'would' just pulled my internet cable to play if io had copies of games. I 'hear' it an awesome game

Hang in there! 6 more days... then you can join the rest of us miserable folks surging the servers, kicking and screaming at Infinity Ward. Like we did with COD4, well at least I did...:grumpy:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
They are both cool because of the high def, the graphics are pretty legit. The xbox controller is a little annoying though it's big and uncomfortable and has butons all over the place. Ps3 is ok ..I also heard a similar story about them having alot of issues. I personally would not buy anything electronic on CL not only because people are always trying to rob you but also because I would not trust that it was in good shape or wasn't stolen etc. If you want the blu-ray which is a rip off like freakin 30+ bucks movie it's a bit ridiculous. Personally I got an upconversion dvd player it is the best route to go because it converts your reg dvds to 1080 w/ o having to buy the same movies in a dif more expensive format. My boy got the xbox we played it for a while on my 50 inch w/ my hdmi cable and it looked great but it's kind of boring..I bought the wii and it's awesome. A large portion of the games are more geared toward children and there is no 1080 option which is the only downfall. There is still alot of dope games you can play if you are older and it's INTERACTIVE. You can even get a workout from it I personally like the tennis and boxing that shyt is no joke! lol The shooters are my favorite though it's just like in the arcade. Ghost Squad, House of the Dead 2,3 and the new one overkill,RedSteel,No More Heroes, etc. are all cool games. The james bond is also pretty sick. I just think it's more fun to play because it is actually controlled by your movement instead of just pushing buttons. Also the fact that you can DOWNLOAD games especially the classics from NES, SNES,N64, turbographics 16, neo geo even SEGA GENESIS right to your system for anywhere between like 3 and 10 bucks! No need to sit there for 3 hours with your Q-tips and alcohol blowing in games. It had tons of accessories to make it even more fun and it's only getting better. Nintendo hit a home run with this and they are going to keep on swinging. I am also sure they will make a high def adapter or something in the near future and I was impressed that they came out with the motion plus for even better control. IMO the WII B*tch slaps the other 2 because its so unique and it does what they just can't do. Lastly I also liked that they kind of made up for that disaster that was GAMECUBE by making the WII console able to play those games,use the controllers and also memory cards.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Haha. Soo you like the Wii?

I think the xbox controllers are great. Just like the older style but wireless.

And IMO while the Wii is OK, their only strong point is the fact that you can download old nes games. IMO the controller is too innaccurate to be fun with the movement games, but that's just something I'm picky about.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Mmerp Back up again. My wife and I have the Wii. It's fun. I like playing super Mario 3 and similar games
My bro came down recently and we played the OG halo 1 for a few hours and it was awesome.

What new games are out there that I'd be missing by not getting a ps3? I like first person shooters and racing games. Final fantasy 7 and 9 were awesome. I didn't really like ten (I think? The non-online only version)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: