jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
show me a car made in america ? and i will show you more japanese cars that are made in america, then supposed american cars,

a dealership would have only used a factory balljoint, the problem you might run into is getting them to cover the additional damage,, in all actuality you might be better off going through insurance if ford doesnt cover any more then just the balljoint
They used faulty equipment so they have to cover the damages caused by it. The Ball Joint literally snapped in half

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
jaa as someone who worked at a dealership, because it broke doesnt mean it was faulty, this is how they might look at it, who is to say you didnt hit a large pothole or curb the vehicle, 20 yr's of working on cars i have never seen a balljoint break in half while just driving, seen them wear out then break, for you hopefully they do take care of it.{ not saying your lying about what happened } honda would have a rep come look at the vehicle and make the decision. the dealership doesn't hold responsibility to the parts, they dont make them, they sell and install them, the manufacture is the one who has the final say, unless the dealership decide's to swallow it and pay if the manufacture doesnt

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
everyone hates every type of car. i dont see anyone in their garage building a new brand of car by them self. so why complain?

you can say "i hate ford" and someone will say "ohhh what? you dont know what your talking about".
then someone can say "ohh i hate dodge", and someone else will flip a brick.
then someone can say "i like chevy". then someone reply "ohh chevy is for girls".
then someone say " i only buy american cars" and a reply of "american cars are junk, japan cars rule, i love japan"
then someone go "japan sucks! buy a real car like a british car"
then again "ohh them brits dont know anything, i love arab cars!!!" reply of "ohh you smelly arab, i like cars from guam!"
then say "ohh maybe you should marry it!, i only drive diesels and school busses!"
"school busses suck"

it can go on forever and ever. in the end no one is right. everything sucks. the only thing that really works are your sneakers. for now on im just going to ride my nikes!

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
jaa as someone who worked at a dealership, because it broke doesnt mean it was faulty, this is how they might look at it, who is to say you didnt hit a large pothole or curb the vehicle, 20 yr's of working on cars i have never seen a balljoint break in half while just driving, seen them wear out then break, for you hopefully they do take care of it.{ not saying your lying about what happened } honda would have a rep come look at the vehicle and make the decision. the dealership doesn't hold responsibility to the parts, they dont make them, they sell and install them, the manufacture is the one who has the final say, unless the dealership decide's to swallow it and pay if the manufacture doesnt
Well I spoke to them again today, they are looking to try and have me pay the cost of labor, They will eat the parts cost, still not good enough. The ball joint broke at the bolt, No large potholes or rough driving was done in this car. Surely nothing that would snap that and not cause any other damage to anything else. The LS sits very low to the ground and even going over a speed bump I have to crawl over at less then idle speed, otherwise it will scrap. They couldn't find anything wrong with the front and considering the entire front end is practically new, There should have been no issues at all.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
everyone hates every type of car. i dont see anyone in their garage building a new brand of car by them self. so why complain?

you can say "i hate ford" and someone will say "ohhh what? you dont know what your talking about".
then someone can say "i like chevy". then someone reply "ohh chevy is for girls".
then someone say " i only buy american cars" and a reply of "american cars are junk, japan cars rule, i love japan"
then again "ohh them brits dont know anything, i love arab cars!!!" reply of "ohh you smelly arab, i like cars from guam!"
then say "ohh maybe you should marry it!, i only drive diesels and school busses!"
"school busses suck"

it can go on forever and ever. in the end no one is right. everything sucks. the only thing that really works are your sneakers. for now on im just going to ride my nikes!
I kinda know what you mean, My buddy has a new Dodge Ram that has less then 10k on it and it has had the sway bar bushings replaced twice already. He said he is glad it is a lease. My car I bought though so no way of returning it, I might just sell it though.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0

"school busses suck"

That's a really interesting conversation. I was really thinking about getting a Ford Fusion as my next car and while everybody I know who had or have one said/say it's a great car, now I hear that Ford is junk. Is it really that american cars are so bad? I currently drive a soul-less/ non-sexy 2004 Chevrolet Cavalier. I drove 50K miles in 3 years and nothing mechanical broke in this car. Other than that, electric or wear&tear parts are dirt cheap compared to Japanese/German cars. How can I feel about that? Should I buy another Chevy, was I just lucky or can I prepare than in less than a year this car will die? It has almost 100K so it's pointless to sell it now. Has anyone have similar experience with Chevy/USA made cars?

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
Mazada is still owned by ford but everything about mazada is made in Japan again, They got rid of putting ford equipment into those cars a few years ago. I also has a 93 mustang 5.0 LX, While the car was fun to drive it went through 3 trannies in roughly 46k miles. It was that AOD4 trans that they got rid of. I wouldn't knock all american cars, I have never had a problem with my Vettes. "knock on wood"

Sorry but every car thats mazda if ford all the way and all cars are made here now . The only thing thats different from the imports cars being built here is the japs still design there car and have a tight zero tolerance rule if somthing not close to spec it gets caned were all american car do not have this standered thats way at 30 to 40k water pumps and front end parts go thats the differents from the two being made in the us.

Last edited:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Sorry but every car thats mazda if ford all the way and all cars are made here now . The only thing thats different from the imports cars being belt here is the japs still design there car and have a tight zero tolerance rule is somthing not close to spec it gets caned were all american car do have this standered thats way at 30 to 40k water pumps and front end parts go thats the differents from the two being made in the us.
You are wrong about that, Ford just owns them pretty much, I'm sure some of the stuff in them are still ford parts, But the engines and trannies do not have one ford part in them. The chassis on them are even different. I was looking at a Mazda 6, when my Mother had to drop off her CX7, Not one part of those engines are Ford. Even when they owned Land Rover they didn't use Ford parts. They did however use them in the Jaguars when Ford owned them. I wouldn't say all Fords are crap though. I had a 1992 Taraus the I bought for commuting. it had 62K when I bought it, Paid 1200 for the car. It ran until 160K, Which I put on in 3 years. however the Mercury Sable I bought to replace blew the tranny around 95K.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
You are wrong about that, Ford just owns them pretty much, I'm sure some of the stuff in them are still ford parts, But the engines and trannies do not have one ford part in them. The chassis on them are even different. I was looking at a Mazda 6, when my Mother had to drop off her CX7, Not one part of those engines are Ford. Even when they owned Land Rover they didn't use Ford parts. They did however use them in the Jaguars when Ford owned them. I wouldn't say all Fords are crap though. I had a 1992 Taraus the I bought for commuting. it had 62K when I bought it, Paid 1200 for the car. It ran until 160K, Which I put on in 3 years. however the Mercury Sable I bought to replace blew the tranny around 95K.

What are you talking about the mazda 6 is the 3.0 ford taurus motor and the tranny i see they car all the time for problems and the cx7 is the same motor thay used in the focus . Like i said i see theys cars all the time all ford motors and trannys thay use .

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
go to any american car dealership and look on the invoice, a large part of their cars are built in mexico and canada, will say 75% parts u.s, and assembly ect, all brands have lemons, i have owned almost 70 car's, and no not as a dealer. { im a car freak } my personal favorite manufacture is honda, but my fav cars are mustang and camaro

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
What are you talking about the mazda 6 is the 3.0 ford taurus motor and the tranny i see they car all the time for problems and the cx7 is the same motor thay used in the focus . Like i said i see theys cars all the time all ford motors and trannys thay use .
What are you talking about? Different motor, just because it has the same displacement does not mean it is the same motor. The 4 cylinder Mazda CX7 is turbocharged and is not the Focus motor, the larger 6 cylinder in the CX7 is nut the same either. In your logic that means any 3.0 is a ford motor when different companies have had 3.0 motors as well. Trust me they are defintely different motors in Mazdas they are even built in Japan with different parts.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
What are you talking about? Different motor, just because it has the same displacement does not mean it is the same motor. The 4 cylinder Mazda CX7 is turbocharged and is not the Focus motor, the larger 6 cylinder in the CX7 is nut the same either. In your logic that means any 3.0 is a ford motor when different companies have had 3.0 motors as well. Trust me they are defintely different motors in Mazdas they are even built in Japan with different parts.

Yes thay make a turbo ford focus same motor to were have you been did you now thay make a turbo taurus to

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
a few things, frogman, didnt mean to call you a noob, i actually though it was NYreefNOOB that said what i was responding to.. no hard feeling i respect all the old timers.. lol but i have been working in a dealer and on my own for 14 yrs.. i didnt catch the part that it was done at the dealer, so thats y i asked.. but just bc it was done at the dealer doesnt mean you have only factory parts, we and a few other dealers i know get outside stuff sometimes expecially if its a CP job, warranty has to be factory..

if it was done 8k ago, it should still be covered under the 12k 12mo warranty.. when you say the balljoint snapped in half, and you said they were a few hundred, im assuming the bj didnt break but the control arm did.. theyre probably serviced as a unit.. hope all works out for you, this time of year when work is slow they will do anything they can to make anything they can get above nothing.. lol so be adament and make a few calls to lincoln.. they will not want the added problems and may just warranty it.. good luck

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
the japs ... have a tight tight zero tolerance rule if something not close to spec it gets canned were all american car do not have this standered
That's what they'd like you to believe! How do you explain the recent MAJOR recall of Toyotas? The sad truth is: THE ENTIRE WORLD, CUTS CORNERS!

Basically every manufacturer has some problems, and any car can fail. In recent years AMERICAN cars are beating the Jap cars in customer satisfaction surveys...Buick has passed Lexus!... Ford/Lincoln Town Cars are driving around with over 300,000 miles, everyday as cabs/limos.

It's a waste of time to debate which car is best...nobody listens, we all buy what WE like/want.

I'd rather tell you why my flame wrasse is better than your cross hatch trigger!

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
That's what they'd like you to believe! How do you explain the recent MAJOR recall of Toyotas? The sad truth is: THE ENTIRE WORLD, CUTS CORNERS!

Basically every manufacturer has some problems, and any car can fail. In recent years AMERICAN cars are beating the Jap cars in customer satisfaction surveys...Buick has passed Lexus!... Ford/Lincoln Town Cars are driving around with over 300,000 miles, everyday as cabs/limos.

It's a waste of time to debate which car is best...nobody listens, we all buy what WE like/want.

I'd rather tell you why my flame wrasse is better than your cross hatch trigger!

Lmao . Sorry but i dont think so never ever ever ever will buick or any american car have better customer satisfaction mybe customer complaints. Yeah i am very satisfied that my chev mail has a missfire and only has 40k and theres a TSB that my motor has interal valve problem And when i turn my steering wheel i hear i clunking noise due to my rack bushing are bad

Last edited:

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study: Top-Rated Manufacturers

In June 2010, J.D. Power and Associates released its 2010 Initial Quality Study, which lists the top performers in defined car and truck segments within the first 90 days of vehicle ownership. In addition, the study also ranks the best brands for initial quality.
Initial Quality Study: Manufacturer RatingsThe rankings below are based on problems per 100 vehicles in the first 90 days of ownership. Click the manufacturer name to view its 2010 models.BrandProblems Per 100 VehiclesPorsche83Acura86Mercedes-Benz87Lexus88Ford93Honda95Hyundai102Lincoln106Infiniti107Volvo109Industry Average109Ram110Audi111Cadillac111Chevrolet111Nissan111BMW113Mercury113Buick114Mazda114Scion114Toyota117Subaru121Chrysler122Suzuki122GMC126Kia126Jeep129Dodge130Jaguar130Mini133Volkswagen135Mitsubishi146Land Rover170Scores are based on rounded figures for problems per 100 vehicles.

Source: J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Initial Quality Study

The table above represents the brands with the fewest problems reported in the first 90 days of ownership, according to an initial quality study by J.D. Power and Associates. More than 82,000 vehicle owners and lessees of new 2010-model-year cars and trucks were surveyed.
? Cars.com 6/30/10

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: