jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I had the pleseant surprise of my ball joint snapping on my Lincoln today. The surprise part is because all 4 were replaced in April, way before they were due to be replaced. Now 8,000 miles later one snapped went through the rim and took out the brake line and cracked the caliper on that side. And that was at 10 miles an hour. I had to get the car towed and Ford/Lincoln said "that sucks, gonna be 2 grand to fix." Yea I don't think so check your records you replaced it with a new one in April. Sorry Ford but you are picking up this tab.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Ford Motor corp helped me pay for my divorce.
I worked part time for a transmission shop as a rebuilder I cant tell you how many ford transmissions I rebuilt E40OD, AXOD, A4LD and AOD all equal money! You will never see me drive a ford
MOPAR or NO Car!

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
im a chrysler tech, but i only drive fords.. how many miles were on your lincoln? ball joint isues are common on them expecially on air ride cars.. a few things can caise the ball joints to fail early, worn lower control arm bushings, bad shocks on and alignments that are too positive on the camber.. which causes the balljoint to hyper extend on recoil.. if they were just done, where did you have the job done, bc there is a new aftermarket warehouse company out here in our area which was not selling motorcraft, or moog suspension parts.. and if they were the 30$ bjs they are known to fail in 4-15k miles from install, where as the factory or moog parts are good for 30-60k..and if you didnt have the job done yet, i can do it.. and save you alot.. or if your gonna have ford reimburse you ill do it for full price and give you a kickback.. so you can spend it on MR of course... lol

ill put it to you this way.... its not a for thing.. and noob id hate to burst your bubble, but mopar is no car.. bc the jeep liberties recall J17 upper balljoint and control arm replacement, and F23 lower balljoint replacemnt and heat sheild installation..

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
im a chrysler tech, but i only drive fords.. how many miles were on your lincoln? ball joint isues are common on them expecially on air ride cars.. a few things can caise the ball joints to fail early, worn lower control arm bushings, bad shocks on and alignments that are too positive on the camber.. which causes the balljoint to hyper extend on recoil.. if they were just done, where did you have the job done, bc there is a new aftermarket warehouse company out here in our area which was not selling motorcraft, or moog suspension parts.. and if they were the 30$ bjs they are known to fail in 4-15k miles from install, where as the factory or moog parts are good for 30-60k..and if you didnt have the job done yet, i can do it.. and save you alot.. or if your gonna have ford reimburse you ill do it for full price and give you a kickback.. so you can spend it on MR of course... lol

ill put it to you this way.... its not a for thing.. and noob id hate to burst your bubble, but mopar is no car.. bc the jeep liberties recall J17 upper balljoint and control arm replacement, and F23 lower balljoint replacemnt and heat sheild installation..
I have an 06 Lincoln LS, They do not have the air ride that most of the other lincolns come with, They were replaced with all Genuine Ford motorcraft parts from a lincoln dealer done at the lincoln dealer last time. The first replacement was roughly 40,000. Now the car has just under 50K and the lower ball joint snapped. The original cost on the first job was 400 per upper and 600 for lower, not to mention the labor. So 2 grand in parts alone for the first job. The shocks were relpaced maybe 6 months prior due to failure. This car also has upper and lower rear ball joints. The tie rods were replaced along with the sway bar and all bushings within the past year and half. So yea needless to say the entire fron end was rebuilt already once. Another nice thing after I picked the car up i heard what can only be the sway bar rattling around again.

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0

NOOB? do u know me well enough to call me a noob?
hate to Burst your bubble but I was an A man in a dealer while you were kicking sh*t out of your diapers

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Yes Ford is junk always will be. Any American made car is junk the only thing good about America cars they keep machines like me in business. Lets not forget Mazda made by Ford other junk.

It's thinking like this that has the economy in the state it is in.
I only buy American cars, and always will.
Because I AM AMERICAN!!
BTW. Supersnake & 2010 Cobra Jet===Awful engineering feats...LOL..Not to mention the new ZR-1

P.S. What kind of Machine are you?

Last edited:

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Yes Ford is junk always will be. Any American made car is junk the only thing good about America cars they keep machines like me in business. Lets not forget Mazda made by Ford other junk.
Mazada is still owned by ford but everything about mazada is made in Japan again, They got rid of putting ford equipment into those cars a few years ago. I also has a 93 mustang 5.0 LX, While the car was fun to drive it went through 3 trannies in roughly 46k miles. It was that AOD4 trans that they got rid of. I wouldn't knock all american cars, I have never had a problem with my Vettes. "knock on wood"

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
It's thinking like this that has the economy in the state it is in.
I only buy American cars, and always will.
Because I AM AMERICAN!!

show me a car made in america ? and i will show you more japanese cars that are made in america, then supposed american cars,

a dealership would have only used a factory balljoint, the problem you might run into is getting them to cover the additional damage,, in all actuality you might be better off going through insurance if ford doesnt cover any more then just the balljoint

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: