Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
2009 Vehicle Dependability Study Results...JDPower

Buick and Jaguar tie for the highest-ranking nameplates in vehicle dependability. Jaguar moves up nine rank positions from No. 10 in the 2008 study. Buick, which ranked No. 6 in 2008 and tied for the highest ranking with premium make Lexus in 2007, has ranked among the top 10 since 2003.

http://www.jdpower.com/autos/articles/2009-Vehicle-Dependability-Study-Results/page-2/

Now for all that dont know this, this is is base on dealer reportes not repair shop reports not every one goes to the dealer that why alot of them shut down all over the place.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
first 90 day's if it is a problem that is under warranty which is everything for atleast first 3 yr's 36k other then a few high end cars, everyone goes back to the dealership for warranty

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i dont settle and wont take less money, that's why i havent found one ;) and i dont do mechanic work anymore or bodywork, i do management :) and most other companies besides honda and toyota offer alot longer factory warranties

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Yeah but toyota and honda are not the problem cars around 40k only GM dodge and ford have they 40k problems
If this was true Toyota wouldn't have had a massive recall. And actually My mother nows has a toyota Venza and it has been back to the shop twice already. Less than 6 months old and I believe under 4K on it. The only Toyota i would consider buying would be a Tacoma.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
a few things, frogman, didnt mean to call you a noob, i actually though it was NYreefNOOB that said what i was responding to.. no hard feeling i respect all the old timers.. lol but i have been working in a dealer and on my own for 14 yrs.. i didnt catch the part that it was done at the dealer, so thats y i asked.. but just bc it was done at the dealer doesnt mean you have only factory parts, we and a few other dealers i know get outside stuff sometimes expecially if its a CP job, warranty has to be factory..

if it was done 8k ago, it should still be covered under the 12k 12mo warranty.. when you say the balljoint snapped in half, and you said they were a few hundred, im assuming the bj didnt break but the control arm did.. theyre probably serviced as a unit.. hope all works out for you, this time of year when work is slow they will do anything they can to make anything they can get above nothing.. lol so be adament and make a few calls to lincoln.. they will not want the added problems and may just warranty it.. good luck
It was the actual ball joint, Not the control arm, I'm gonna take a pic of it seeing how the entire thing is in my trunk. I took it from the shop after they removed so I would have it and pics for any type of case that might come from it. And as for dealer parts, From what I could find only Ford made these parts at all, There are no other vehicles that use this ball joint and control arm on it.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
i am not into the whole inport tuning chef but here you go buddy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXJPkYtCqzc beating up some nova juck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgHJrtuHcnM&feature=related lets se you beat this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CepedIuvfFY&feature=related
if you i am sure i can finf so jap cars smoking amercan juck
like i sayed i hate the import scene but the japan will run all day
soory buddy :tongue1:

I know people can build a civic that runs 8's or a skateboard that can smoke a ferrari.
My point was that this cobra jet is factory stock and doin wheelies baby!! THATS AMERICA!!!
I just really hate when people say things like "American Cars Suck". I mean really,,What is that supposed to mean?
America is clearly the leader in "mass market performance" right now.
From the CTS-V to the SRT-8 and crazy engineering like the eco boost, Flex fuel vehicles Etc. Etc.
JMO

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I know people can build a civic that runs 8's or a skateboard that can smoke a ferrari.
My point was that this cobra jet is factory stock and doin wheelies baby!! THATS AMERICA!!!
I just really hate when people say things like "American Cars Suck". I mean really,,What is that supposed to mean?
From the CTS-V to the SRT-8 and crazy engineering like the eco boost, Flex fuel vehicles Etc. Etc.
JMO
American cars today have no more or less problems than any other car out there. This is just coming from the older american cars that did break down a lot and didn't last after 100,000 miles. Today is a big difference. Also the ZR1 vette blows the doors off almost every car out there and is faster than both lambos being built and all Ferrari's except one. Those rice burners that run 10's can't even be driven on the street or for more than 5 minutes. They would blow up and you would look weird driving with slicks on your car all day trying to beat some of the other cars out there.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
JMO

Yeah but your talking about taking somthing thats junk to making it better . See this is the problem your talking about Performance this is how performance is made your getting ride of the imperfections and making it better that goes for all cars . Say like a head if you look in the ports there are tones of ridges and grooves in the head but if you port the head and make every chamber smooth and round now you have more flow and more power. But like i said this goes for all cars .

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
American cars today have no more or less problems than any other car out there. This is just coming from the older american cars that did break down a lot and didn't last after 100,000 miles. Today is a big difference. Also the ZR1 vette blows the doors off almost every car out there and is faster than both lambos being built and all Ferrari's except one. Those rice burners that run 10's can't even be driven on the street or for more than 5 minutes. They would blow up and you would look weird driving with slicks on your car all day trying to beat some of the other cars out there.

You all are going in to a hole other topic here that has nothing to do with what were talking about . And by the way yes you can drive a 10sec car on the street its called tuning for street and track my friend has a 9sec supra that he drives daily.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
You all are going in to a hole other topic here that has nothing to do with what were talking about . And by the way yes you can drive a 10sec car on the street its called tuning for street and track my friend has a 9sec supra that he drives daily.
A Supra is entire different story from rice burner. A rice burner is typically a 4 cylindr that has been trurbocharged. And it is not another topic or story for Toyota, It happened and you can't look past it, no matter what you want to call it. All of those cars had to go back for repairs no matter what you say or how you look at it. Doesn't matter if it was a ball joint as in my case or accelrators getting stuck.

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
the way i look at things is this... when you work in a shop all cars are junk, when you work for a dealer you see specific problems within a brand... just like if you work in a hospital seems like the whole world is dieing.. lol.. what we dont see are the cars that are driving down the road with little to no problems that have 2-300,000 miles on them.. hell my f150 crewcab 5.4l auto 4wd has 95,000 miles on it, i change the oil every 6-7k miles and have never had any major problems.. only maintenece issues brakes tires etc... my f350 utility body has 230,000 miles on it the truck weighs 10,000 lbs and has a gad 5.4l and a auto trans i just replaced at 190,000 again never had any major issues, only replaced tires 3 times since new, did full brake job at 175,000 including calipers hoses bearings...but balljoints are still good, steering is still tight.. i replaced shocks abt 6mo ago but did that just bc i figured they were shot.. but when they were out they still had plenty of resistance to my surprise..

so to me i cant complain abt ford trucks.. when i had my 03 mach 1, i beat the ever living crap outa that car, and i couldnt kill it.. i busted the upper control arm mounts out of the body and had to weld in battle boxes(steel plate mounts for the upper control arms to the body)

ive also had a honda that i got with 200k on it drove it for a year and sold it for the same price i bought it with 300k on it and i didnt put a dime into it..

so to me i really think its luck of the draw bc you can have 2 identical vehicles made one after the other on the line and will have totally different issues thruout the life of the
car.. doesnt matter whether its an import(which is mostly built here) or a domestic(which most parts come from elsewhere and assembled here)

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
The table above represents the brands with the fewest problems reported in the first 90 days of ownership, according to an initial quality study by J.D. Power and Associates. More than 82,000 vehicle owners and lessees of new 2010-model-year cars and trucks were surveyed.
? Cars.com 6/30/10

I've been tagging along on this thread and in no way a car expert, just wanted to highlight this disclaimer.

If I'm reading this correctly, makes me question the impact of this survey. How often does a brand new car have issues in the first 3 months (really?, I'd be p*ssesd!), and how does that correspond to perfomance/reliability down the road? A lil bit too early to tell, isn't it?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: