jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I'm on vacation this week. Its military style in my household with potty training(lol). Anyone have tips on twin boys that are 2 1/2? So far so good today, only one accident.

Thank you,

James

kenny2064

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
keep up with them and remind them frequently if they need to go also having underwear with their favorite cartoon character on them helps as well they usually are afraid of getting it dirty and lastly if their aim is off try putting some cheerios inside the bowl they will aim for that. Above all have patience with them it can frustrating ive been through that twice cant imagine going through it at the same time though good luck and before i for get when you go show them it helps thats what i did with my kids

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
keep up with them and remind them frequently if they need to go also having underwear with their favorite cartoon character on them helps as well they usually are afraid of getting it dirty and lastly if their aim is off try putting some cheerios inside the bowl they will aim for that. Above all have patience with them it can frustrating ive been through that twice cant imagine going through it at the same time though good luck and before i for get when you go show them it helps thats what i did with my kids

I agree with what kenny is saying except I used a single piece of TP instead of cherios. No drinks an hour before bed/nap time and also make them go right before laying down and right after waking up. Pull Ups are a good precaution but don't have as much holding power as diapers. Keep at it and you will be done in no time. Bot buying diapers is a huge financial gain BTW LOL!

kenny2064

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i got lucky once they stopped having accidents during the day i was happy and the only diaper they would use was at night only its a great feeling to have to buy a box from bj's only once every like 3 months dam diapers a too freakin expensive. chief is right about the night time thing my youngest is 4 and fully potty trained for 2 years now maybe a little more but i still have to be careful at night he occasionally wakes up in the middle of the night but i dont take that chance also try getting the mattress covers so clean ups can be esay sucks when they go on the bed

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
oh did i say patience?

its hard for most of us to imagine, but learning to hold it in and let it out on demand is an extremely complicated act, neurobiologically speaking, which is why it is so hard to learn. unfortunately its also one of those common stress points that trigger abuse episodes ( im not implying anything to you here, just stressing the importance of patience. its also important to never make the kid feel guilty about having an accident).

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
oh ( since im on a roll here ) a good investment would be one of those mattress covers because its pretty much inevitable that they'll have their first nighttime accident right after you start letting them sleep at night without diapers.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Thx Unknown. Its been working with the treats. This makes day 4, so far so good except for poopies in the pants a few times, but we are taking it day by day. Wish the wife would help out a little more but thats ok, she helped my daugher, now its my turn with the twin boys. Figures we are both on vacation this week too. She has been baking everyday this week. It will be rewarding at the end. mmmmmmmmmm!!!

~James

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: