ARID 24 Model Review

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
Ok I want to start by saying if you don't like my methods then don't use them but please don't bash me on here I would rather you PM me and we can talk like adults.

Ok So I been running this reactor for about a year now and for the first 4 months I wasn't impressed by it at all. I spoke to one of the guys in the company and explained what I didn't like and he told me to really get the full use of the reactor and to see real changes in my tank I should remove my GFO so I did. At the time my PO4 wasn't hight but it wasn't low either I was at about .06-.08 some where around there. So I removed the GFO and Carbon from my system about 6-8 months ago. I also stopped doing water changes (Ill explain later why). I have a 95% SPS tank and about 5% in softies. The tank is doing good and I couldn't be happier. I tested my PO4 today and its at .04.

Why I decided to not do water changes is I felt by doing the water changes my tanks Alk and Cal and Mag would change ater every water change and I wouldn't get it stable for a few days. I also decided spoke to a few reefers who also don't do water changes but that does use GFO. So far I have had great success and the tank is doing great. My SPS look amazing and I have to say I love the reactor. I will be getting the larger model for my upgrade next year.

Please feel free to ask me anything but again no bashing.

Hefe-Weizen

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I took down my skimmer a few months a go and did a refugium that's about 10-12 gallons and is filled with chaeto and caulerpa. The tank is a 125. I do a 6-12 gallon water change every two to three weeks. I dose calcium, sodium bicarbonate, and iodine. I also use GAC sporadically. The tank has Monti caps, softies, and some LPS. So far things look great.

Lenny718

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I took down my skimmer a few months a go and did a refugium that's about 10-12 gallons and is filled with chaeto and caulerpa. The tank is a 125. I do a 6-12 gallon water change every two to three weeks. I dose calcium, sodium bicarbonate, and iodine. I also use GAC sporadically. The tank has Monti caps, softies, and some LPS. So far things look great.

Are you running an ARID reactor?

oh207

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Can you share some info on the size of your tank and feeding schedule and amount. Basically any information on the amount of nutrients going into the tank. Thanks.

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
Ill try and Answer the questions if I miss something please just let me know.

Tank: 105 gallon Custom Tank with a 12 Gallon Custom Frag tank
Sump: 40 gallon Breeder
Skimmer: Royal Exclusive Vertex Alpha 170 w/Auto Cleaner (runs 1 day a week)
Dosing Pump: Neptune DOS for Alk and Cal I manual Dose Mag weekly
Trace Elements: Acro Power and Brightwell Aquatics Potassion 1 time a week
Chaeto Reactor: ARID E24
UV: 57w Aqua Ultraviolet Classic

I feed my tank daily with an Eheim Auto Feeder that feeds 1 time a day flakes. I also feed pellets and frozen food when ever I want to see the fish which is about 5 days a week. I have about 18 fish in total

Last edited: