xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
Ok I want to start by saying if you don't like my methods then don't use them but please don't bash me on here I would rather you PM me and we can talk like adults.

Ok So I been running this reactor for about a year now and for the first 4 months I wasn't impressed by it at all. I spoke to one of the guys in the company and explained what I didn't like and he told me to really get the full use of the reactor and to see real changes in my tank I should remove my GFO so I did. At the time my PO4 wasn't hight but it wasn't low either I was at about .06-.08 some where around there. So I removed the GFO and Carbon from my system about 6-8 months ago. I also stopped doing water changes (Ill explain later why). I have a 95% SPS tank and about 5% in softies. The tank is doing good and I couldn't be happier. I tested my PO4 today and its at .04.

Why I decided to not do water changes is I felt by doing the water changes my tanks Alk and Cal and Mag would change ater every water change and I wouldn't get it stable for a few days. I also decided spoke to a few reefers who also don't do water changes but that does use GFO. So far I have had great success and the tank is doing great. My SPS look amazing and I have to say I love the reactor. I will be getting the larger model for my upgrade next year.

Please feel free to ask me anything but again no bashing.

Hefe-Weizen

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I took down my skimmer a few months a go and did a refugium that's about 10-12 gallons and is filled with chaeto and caulerpa. The tank is a 125. I do a 6-12 gallon water change every two to three weeks. I dose calcium, sodium bicarbonate, and iodine. I also use GAC sporadically. The tank has Monti caps, softies, and some LPS. So far things look great.

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I took down my skimmer a few months a go and did a refugium that's about 10-12 gallons and is filled with chaeto and caulerpa. The tank is a 125. I do a 6-12 gallon water change every two to three weeks. I dose calcium, sodium bicarbonate, and iodine. I also use GAC sporadically. The tank has Monti caps, softies, and some LPS. So far things look great.

Are you running an ARID reactor?

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
Ill try and Answer the questions if I miss something please just let me know.

Tank: 105 gallon Custom Tank with a 12 Gallon Custom Frag tank
Sump: 40 gallon Breeder
Skimmer: Royal Exclusive Vertex Alpha 170 w/Auto Cleaner (runs 1 day a week)
Dosing Pump: Neptune DOS for Alk and Cal I manual Dose Mag weekly
Trace Elements: Acro Power and Brightwell Aquatics Potassion 1 time a week
Chaeto Reactor: ARID E24
UV: 57w Aqua Ultraviolet Classic

I feed my tank daily with an Eheim Auto Feeder that feeds 1 time a day flakes. I also feed pellets and frozen food when ever I want to see the fish which is about 5 days a week. I have about 18 fish in total

Last edited:

xclusive252

55 gal salt water
Rating - 97.6%
124   3   0
I'm at work I'll add a pic tonight when I get home

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: