Status
Not open for further replies.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
all i know is i feel insulted when i see a rose anemone been sold for $200,a purple tang for $150,i ssen this at country critters in long island also at aquarium adventure.

These are retail establishments that can (and will) price things at the highest markup that peope are willing to pay. If you don't like their prices, just shop elsewhere. Ah, America!! :)

The FT name does have a tendency here to upset people here far more than a store charging a high price..

Shouldn't be long before someone slaps up one of the links explaining why...lol

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I'll do this
vio (33).gif
before I ever buy from there again after the incident with two MR members,one of which I know!!

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Damn, why does everyone hate them so much? I realize that a few of the workers have $hitty attitudes but is there anything else? I've been going there for 5 years and never had any problems.
IMO the quality of their livestock is as good or better than most of the LFS's out there. Some prices are still very good even though they have raise prices very high on some items.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
{I'd rather drink the crap that my skimmer produces then buy ANYTHING in there} lol ive done that already, so if comparing id shop there before drinking skimate again:irked:

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I was there during Easter and I notice that the store workers had a very different attitude. They were much more polite than before. I guess someone told them they need to be nicer to the customer Kinda reminds me of Abs. Fish and how a lot of people had problems with their service, the workers were usually talking with each other rather than helping the customers. Once this was posted on-line the people at Abs. Fish got wind of it and made changes.

As far as quality go, Rich is right their quality is as good as a lot of other LFS. They do buy in bulk, which does leads to over stocking and some fish not being health or dying. So you need to be careful what you buy and you should always QT their fish.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
And corals! I have seen some red bugs on their SPS before. :(

B

and I've gotten Acro Flatworms from other vendors. These corals all come from the same places.

I'm not pro-fishtown or anything I just want a legitimate reason why people hate them.

Dragonyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
They sold me cheato with aptasia in them if you go there the day after they put their fish in you'll see alot of dead fish which they claim were acclimated in their basement. I've been there many times before sometimes crowds gather looking at one tank because it's like a war raging in the tank. The place has horrible customer service they had one guy who treated fish like spaghetti and just slams them into the container after a year they finally fired him. Guess they made alot of money from that and only fired him cause there were to many complaints just guessing on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: