dmatta82

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I've decided to break down my tank and sell everything, but I don't know where to start. I've had it for about 5 yrs, but lately I haven't had the time, motivation, or money that I would like to put into it. I bought these rocks, corals, fish, and equipment so long ago I have no clue how much they are worth, there cost or what they're called. Pretty much I'm asking for appraisal advice. The names of the coral and a price range.

Attachments

• IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_2378.jpg
    IMG_2378.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_2376.jpg
    IMG_2376.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 475
  • IMG_2364.jpg
    IMG_2364.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_2360.jpg
    IMG_2360.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 473

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
toadstool, some mushrooms , kenya trees and hammers. Honestly that stuff doesn't look that good not much color in there I'm guessing your water quality is pretty bad and most of that is stuff people give away. Sorry to break the news to you maybe try doing some water changes to help coloration and maybe you could get a few bucks for the hammers.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
im sure someone on here would offer a few bucks for all the corals in one shot. would be great for a beginner!

lets put it this way
pic one: toadstool if it had nice coloration and in a store would be a 50-60 dollar coral seeing it looks great in size and opens fully. since it looks just plain white and no color at all... your probably looking in the 20 dollar range

pic 2: those i dont think are mushrooms, i think they are cabbage. is so, cabbage is a cheap quick growing coral. again, you should be able to get maybe 20 bucks for it.

Pic 3: xenia, stores sell xenia for cheap, but almost always you see this free online because its a weed grower. it grows so much and so fast, most people give it away.

pic 4: kenya tree. simple easy coral. probably 15 bucks for it

pic 5: hammer coral. very faded in color. usually hammers can grow pretty fast and sell for about 20 bucks for a nice size, but usually bright green and nice redish tips.

i also see a clown, maybe just a simple purcula? 15 bucks
yellow tang. i cant tell the condition, but 20 bucks is fair.

tank and stand maybe around 50?
sump another 40-50
UV about 35-40
small fuge light 20
skimmer, cannot tell brand. brand and model can make it from worthless to a pretty penny...
internal overflow box 20
return pump? what is it? mag drive or something? probablt 20-25 bucks

live rock, id if you want it out quick, 2 bucks a pound. its got some cyno and algae, so 2 is fair.

light fixture i cannot see? t5? pc? 40-50 bucks

is that an RO unit or RODI unit? how many gallons per day? 85 bucks or so is fair.

this is just my opinion. others may say its worthless or maybe worth more, but thats ballpark prices i think. rough estimate. or do all combined price, and take off 50-80 bucks and try it gone in one shot to a beginner

good luck with sale

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
yeah man, if you put like 350 for it all or close to that you should be ok. if someone throws you a lower offer and your ok with it. but ill tell you right now, selling it seprate will sell alot faster!

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Yes, go into the marketplace, make a new thread, and post what you have and prices. Te site won't allow you to sell on here. You need to go into the marketplace in order to sell. Good luck man

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: