chemisfun11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Hi fellow reefers! Thanks for looking and hopefully I can help you out with your reef keeping needs.

I have a large format 3D printer (450mm x 450mm x 470mm or 17.7"L x 17.7"W x 18.5H) that is capable of printing very large items like light spill shades for your Ecotech Radion or AI Hydra LED lights and smaller items like brackets to hold your Vortech controller.

AI Hydra.jpg
Vortech bracket.jpg
vortech in bracket.jpg
Xr15.jpg

None of the above items are my own creation, but I've gotten very good at taking other designs that exist out there and printing them and modifying them to suit my own needs. So, if you don't have a 3D printer, but you'd like something printed, I can help you out. Expect an item to cost about $1.95/hr for the first 12hrs of printing time, then $.50 each additional hour. Customizations to an existing object and post processing would be an additional cost and discussed beforehand. If you want the item to be shipped, actual shipping costs would be added to the price. If your order exceeds $100 shipping costs will be included in the final price.

I am currently printing items in PLA. Color choices can be discussed, but mostly black, white and gray are what I have on hand. Depending on the application of your item to be printed other plastics may be more suitable. All of my current projects are not submerged in saltwater, just in close proximity.

Example costs:
Vortech bracket - 4hr print time - $7.80 each
AI Hydra Light shade - 25hr print time - $23.40 + $6.50 = $29.90 each

There are a lot of 3D printed items for reefers that can be found on thingiverse and some other reefkeeping websites have organized lists of items as well (reef2reef)

Let me know if I can be of service. Happy reefing!

chemisfun11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I understand but something like that is submerged constantly and PLA might not last more than a year or so. Neat Aquatics designed it and sells it made out of reef safe ABS. I don't have the file to print. If I custom designed it for you it would cost more than they charge. I think they offer it at a fair price.

brand

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What do you have for a radion the glare hurts my eyes already added the diffuser and still glare is tough

G5 blue fixture

Thanks
63442795497__21834E4C-46B0-41F0-8727-5B6A8EAFC727.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: