MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
You can also set up threw your APEX a email alert to let you know if your doser malfunctions and stays on after the time allotted.

This is from another thead and not mine but something I will be setting up on mine just incase.

"Fallback OFF
OSC 000:00/004:00/116:00
If Time 07:00 to 23:59 Then OFF

This will dose 4 mins every 2 hrs

If you need to email you if the pump runs more that the 4 mins schedule , do this

Virtual outlet
Alk-Check
If Outlet ( your doser outlet) = ON Then ON
Defer 004:30 Then ON

Email_Alert
If outlet (virtual Alk check) = ON Then ON

This will email you if your pump runs over the scheduled time, I include 30 seconds defer just to give time for the pump to shut off. No email if pump is working normally "

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
Please understand that everyone do not believe in controllers. I've read a bunch of tanks of the month that don't have controllers. Also not everyone can't buy these expensive controllers

magicalmets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Since this topic is on SPS. Would like to hear you thoughts on my setup and where I could improve. I currently have 2 radion MP40,MP10,Aquamaxx skimmer, 2 reactors one with carbon and the other with GFO (high capacity) and just hooked up a doser. I'm I going the right direction to an SPS tank?

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Since this topic is on SPS. Would like to hear you thoughts on my setup and where I could improve. I currently have 2 radion MP40,MP10,Aquamaxx skimmer, 2 reactors one with carbon and the other with GFO (high capacity) and just hooked up a doser. I'm I going the right direction to an SPS tank?

Your equipment sounds great and will make your success much easier, but in the end it comes down to husbandry and commitment. Remember that when you skip a water change because you have a big skimmer, or ignore detritus in areas of the tank and sump :)

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0

I would also invest in a ATO. The most important part of keeping SPS is stability and a ATO will do this for you

magicalmets

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Don't want to get of the subject but my salinity is at 40 ppt which i'm guessing it's high. Whats the best salinity level recommend for SPS and how do I get it to lower with out hurting anything?

Thank you guys in advance

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I have had this happen more then a few times with customer tanks.

I bring them back to 35ppm with a quick water change. I do it all at once.

My reasoning is that, in the ocean during a heavy rain salinity can drop a lot. well in my mind it can I have never tested my theory in the wild. I usually add alk to the water and match the PH when I do it. I have never had a negative reastion from doing this.

however I do not advise it, its just what I do since I can't be at a customers house for long enough to slowly change it.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Just throwing this out there... Even though my tank's temperature has peaked at 85.4 degrees today (with the AC unit two feet away from the tank blasting), my peach digi has never looked better. Rest of my corals look ok but not their best.

I'm looking for a chiller right now, but we are also thinking about adding a second AC unit down here.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
What lights are you using that your tank got to 85? My tank is as far away from the ac that it could be and it is a steady 80

LEDs man.. I do have a canopy (open top and front now) and I need to consider taking that down.

The tank is an AIO (Solana) so that might play into it as well.

henrystyle

Bad Mutha Shut Your mouth
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Do you still have your heater plugged in? 85 degree in a small tank, in a room with ac doesn't sound right. I have a 30g rimless with a small clip on fan blowing across the surface of the water and my temp never goes past 80 degrees on the hottest days.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
The heater is still plugged in. I'll try unplugging the heater. The room stays at 79-80 with the AC on. It felt warmer inside than normal, even with the AC running full blast.

I'm going to try a fan and removing the canopy as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: