strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
When have I had a tank crash? A crash insinuates losing all my corals and fish which I never have. Just lost some acros and the first time was due to this creature and the second was due to my sand bed. Havent you had like 15 tank setups and had some crashes as well? Everyone goes through a troubled tank every now and then. And not once in your posts on here did you say it was a good thing. Just start attacking a post that is amazing for this hobby. And all 3 of you do nothing but give the negative side to my threads so it wasnt surprising. And when it comes to certain subjects MR isnt the place for a thread you guys have proven it here

"Although the efforts of this research is appreciated the members here could have a MUCH LARGER impact on the problem."

"It's not that I have no interest in seeing the research succeed but the answer to the problem is really simple."

"Smack talk? I believe everyone has said that the research is a great thing."

Those are negative comments? PLEASE stop. First you state I said something and you were incorrect. I can show you that also. Than you say we have nothing but negative things to say and as you can see above you're WRONG about that.

And you're WRONG AGAIN. Haven't had 15 tanks. And not a single one was taken down due to a crash. All were for personal or life changing reasons. Please D get your S*** straight.

Want to see a picture of a certain local aquarium hosing down their acro collection because of a FW infestation? Yet frags from this tank were donated at an auction.

If you'd like I can cut and paste the non existant negative reactions from the "Other 2" you speak of. None of which were negative against the research in particular.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
And again you just keep on and on. Shall I point out how many things you are wrong about on my end and on this. Its been 7 years and the problem has got worse not better so your dipping and inspecting which EVERYONE who collects SPS do ,IS NOT WORKING. LI aquarium is open about having AEFW everyone knows they do so its your responsibility to take care of it. You said people are out to make a buck so they dont care yet you said LI aquarium donated to a auction? Dont see them making money there? And they donate 10 corals a month to LIRA, dont see a profit there? Not everyone is out for a buck I proved you wrong there because I get so many free corals and others I know trade around so agan not everyone is out to make a buck. Not everyone knows the signs of AEFW just like not everyone knows what to look for when it comes to AEFW not everyone in the hobby is on this or other web sites. Again you are talking all from your personal expierences not everyone has them. Also I never had a tank crash so again your wrong. The world you guys are living in is a world of " WE know it so everyone should" is not a reality. You want to argue over this and not throw 20 bucks in thats your choice why do you continue? So when this woman finds the answer dont use her method do what you have been doing and throw your corals in the garbage while we cure our systems but you wont. You will do what she says and when someone on a board writes they need help you will jump on the thread and answer like you came up with the idea yourself. Plus you dont even keep acros so this doesnt even concern you?

strgazr27

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
123   0   0
And again you just keep on and on. Shall I point out how many things you are wrong about on my end and on this. Its been 7 years and the problem has got worse not better so your dipping and inspecting which EVERYONE who collects SPS do ,IS NOT WORKING. LI aquarium is open about having AEFW everyone knows they do so its your responsibility to take care of it. You said people are out to make a buck so they dont care yet you said LI aquarium donated to a auction? Dont see them making money there? And they donate 10 corals a month to LIRA, dont see a profit there? Not everyone is out for a buck I proved you wrong there because I get so many free corals and others I know trade around so agan not everyone is out to make a buck. Not everyone knows the signs of AEFW just like not everyone knows what to look for when it comes to AEFW not everyone in the hobby is on this or other web sites. Again you are talking all from your personal expierences not everyone has them. Also I never had a tank crash so again your wrong. The world you guys are living in is a world of " WE know it so everyone should" is not a reality. You want to argue over this and not throw 20 bucks in thats your choice why do you continue? So when this woman finds the answer dont use her method do what you have been doing and throw your corals in the garbage while we cure our systems but you wont. You will do what she says and when someone on a board writes they need help you will jump on the thread and answer like you came up with the idea yourself. Plus you dont even keep acros so this doesnt even concern you?

How are you so sure she is going to find a method?

Never had a tank crash? I can find the threads if you'd like.

I am not an SPS freak but I have had a few acros. I can show you those pics also if you'd like.

So knowingly giving away something that is likely infected is OK? Yeah there's a WHOLE lot of logic.

I'm done. It's an endless fight with you as you FAIL to see the very effective solution right in front of you. You want to be such a savior to the ACRO community why not donate $100 to the research you now so willingly champion?

BTW....

Here is one thread where you state your tank is going down the drain and you are slowly losing everything. Sounds like a crash to me.... http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/138506-thinking-doing-big-water-change.html

Another where you are losing stuff left and right. RTN'ing issues etc. http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/137303-great-just-what-i-needed-2.html

Why is it on 8/25 you have frags for sale http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/sale-trade/131070-sps-starter-pack-f-s.html

And on 9/3 you state you have been battling AEFW for a month? http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/125441-aefw-update.html

I guess it was up to the buyer to make sure those frags you were selling didn't have a FW issue?

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Again a crash is when you lose everything! I lost my most my acros not all of them. Didnt lose birdsnests,montis,softies,anemones,fish or pocis. So I guess people who hit bumps in the road is considered a failure to the hobby. Ok I shall let Sanjay and Randy mgny, cdaminano,Joe Aiullo that they are all failures to the hobby and not professionals because Bobby said if you have corals die your a amateur. Not comments that you wont give 20 bucks to fund a research project to find the life cycle,a predator or a in tank treatment to cure the most hated bug in the hobby just tell a million reef keepers to dip and inspect and your all good. And if you do get them throw your corals in the trash... NICE

Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
And you should look at the threads you posted again. 8/25 I was selling corals again when i beat AEFW. Show me on the second thread after 8/25 I said I still had them? And the threads were there to let people know I had them and my expierence with them not so some dude can try and throw it in my face 2 years later. At least I posted it up so people can see and I let buyers know I had them when they contacted me so good try trying to degrade me :) Again know what you are talking about before you answer a post :)

Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
No I said LI aquarium had them. Do you guys read or just skim through without processing? I said the other guys had issues with their tanks I no where mentioned they had AEFW. Geez. Bobby said Im a amateur because I lost some corals these guys lost corals as well in different ways does that make them amateurs?

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
I read it's a thread about aefw and you throw names out there and I have bought frags from most of them and ended up with them cost me my whole tank maybe it's just coincide

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Not replying the the furious 5 anymore . Have anything productive to write thats great other wise dont post and dont donate. Thats all :) And to the furious 5 go to RC and write your concerns. See how its taken there. Oh wait you wont

Last edited:

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
link to the rc thread please ??:lovestory
Not replying the the furious 5 anymore . Have anything productive to write thats great other wise dont post and dont donate. Thats all :) And to the furious 5 go to RC and write your concerns. See how its taken there. Oh wait you wont

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
JUST STOP IT EVERYBODY!!! This has become one of the most ridiculous threads ever. It is an embarrassment to MR and a personal embarrassment to me as I have a working relationship with Kate and would like to see people like her have more of an engagement with MR-- something members should want to see. This kind of crap drives experienced people away from the site when a topic like this should be drawing people to it. Go snipe at each other in private if you must. Clearly, this has nothing to do with whether this research is worth funding or not, and is very much about personal BS.

I rarely, if ever, take on the voice of Administrative authority here on the board, but it is an authority that I have. I have worked way too long, and way too hard cultivating relationships with nationally and internationally respected players on behalf of MR to let this kind of nonsense filter out into the ether and poison our reputation.

If you have actual reasons why this research is a bad idea not worthy of funding please feel free to state them. If you want to start another thread suggesting other things we all should be doing to help control these pests go right ahead. Just keep all the personal, petty, name calling and silliness out of it.

I'm going to leave this thread open for now....

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Am I the only one not scared of AEFW? I've been dealing with these f-ers since 2005. They damage corals but you can keep them under control with wrasses, turkey basting, and occasional dips when possible. Naturally you want to rid you system of them completely but in an established reef that is not possible without practically breaking down the tank.

Just to put things into perspective. Here is a tank completely loaded with aefw. Some of you might recognize it.

IMO/IME if you have aefw just chill out. Don't kill all your corals with many dips. Don't bust off all the bases of corals and dismantle the tank. Weigh out the situation. If your tank is not very established it maybe worth going crazy with dips. If corals are all very big and encrusted KNOW that you can still have a healthy colorful reef with aefw's

more coral loss comes from hobyists reactions when they find out that they have aefw's

Last edited:

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I found it very interesting in kate's interview with mr. Saltwatertank that they found aefw in the wild in 7/10 corals (it may have been higher but i forgot the exact figure) but there wasn't a lot.... This indicate some type of natural population control. Would be great if we can find the acro eating flatworm eater...:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: