vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
WOW.....love it ......in special , the ones in .......center.
Please , post more info. about Light Fix. , i know u gone handle , just curios, any programs ( timers) how you intend to combine.

SUPER.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I guess ....
Start .........( DISCO , LEDs ) first .
Then T5
Then,......... BEST Light.......... (MH)
Then MH off.....T5 off then again .....DISCO off, lol.

I think is PERFECT comb. in may ways.....GROWS....HEALTHY.....FAKE COLOR (LEDs) , lol.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I guess ....
Start .........( DISCO , LEDs ) first .
Then T5
Then,......... BEST Light.......... (MH)
Then MH off.....T5 off then again .....DISCO off, lol.

I think is PERFECT comb. in may ways.....GROWS....HEALTHY.....FAKE COLOR (LEDs) , lol.

I'm a halide lover, you know that. Honestly the G4 pros will color SPS just as well, you just need a little patience. It's just that horrible price to get complete coverage with them. Im not spending 5k to light my future tank. They need to get the prices down.

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
"I'm moving to NJ this year and plan on a much larger reef"

220 up ......i hope:biggrin:

Not going crazy large. Having a 32" deep tank currently is a PITA. I can't reach the back of the tank from the front. It really depends on the house that I purchase but I plan on framing the tank in the wall and having a remote filter room. I'm thinking something along the lines of 72x28x26. We'll see when the time comes.

Nycreef

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
kind of hate to say i told you so but i did tell you so, nothing beats halides for SPS growth and Color.
I actually just took down my halides and got more G3 Pro's for coverage but getting away from the SPS Dominated Tanks. Too many issues have been creeping up over the years and its just one thing to the next. Going to go LPS with mabe a few SPS hardy specicies.
I wont need halides for that but ill keep them just in case one i do go back.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
kind of hate to say i told you so but i did tell you so, nothing beats halides for SPS growth and Color.
I actually just took down my halides and got more G3 Pro's for coverage but getting away from the SPS Dominated Tanks. Too many issues have been creeping up over the years and its just one thing to the next. Going to go LPS with mabe a few SPS hardy specicies.
I wont need halides for that but ill keep them just in case one i do go back.

I needed to see what the G4's can do. I will tell you that I have no doubt in the ability to grow and color and SPS tank comparable to halides with these LEDs. My main issues with the lighting is the price and the overly blue spectrums. The SPS responded well them though so I can't complain. I plan on retrofitting in overdriven T5 with LED in the future so that will keep initial costs down to get complete coverage. The reason why the halide is over this tank again is because this is the last several months that it will be running before I dismantle it for a move and I wanted to sell the Radions while they're still worth something.... before G10 comes out :) The G4 is a game changer.... coming from an LED hater. Just for the record Kessils make me vomit, radion G2 are complete garbage, and the rest of them look like disco balls lol

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Not going crazy large. Having a 32" deep tank currently is a PITA. I can't reach the back of the tank from the front. It really depends on the house that I purchase but I plan on framing the tank in the wall and having a remote filter room. I'm thinking something along the lines of 72x28x26. We'll see when the time comes.

My dream is 72 x 28 x 36 wide .:teeth:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Why? Just curious since after a lot of research I decided to go with a 360WE on a 24" cube. Light hasn't arrived yet.

Just the lack of coverage. If you're going softie/mixed it doest matter. It's a bad choice for sps, par falls off steeply away from center of light. I'd much rather light with a 6x24 ati sunpower if going sps.

Rjukan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I will be going mixed with just a few sps up top. My rockwork is sort of like a pyramid so it will best utilize the spread of the light with minimal shadows. That's my hope at least. There is a really good video from BRS that shows the par values at different depths around a 24" cube with the light at either 6.5" or 8.5" above the water. It was probably what influenced me the most to buy this light.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: