Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Reefer Ratings: (15 (100%)
Friends: (29)
Send a Private Message
Anybody in SI have an APEX head unit?

Just need to borrow it to try to reset my apex jr

Old 09-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Look at my bare bottom!
Reefer Ratings: (2 (100%)
Friends: (3)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhmc View Post
Just need to borrow it to try to reset my apex jr
You dont need an apex to reset your apex just do it via a web browser. Go to config > misc options > Initialize memory > Initialize All and everything will get factory reset.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Reefer Ratings: (15 (100%)
Friends: (29)
Send a Private Message
I can't get to it. Im locked out of my apex and when plugged in my apex is undetectable

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Old 09-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Look at my bare bottom!
Send a Private Message
Did you catch that? I just said an apex to reset an apex, Not myself this week sorry, alot on my mind.

Did you try to contact Curt? If there was a way to do it without a display (which I hope there is) he'd know. The Jr doesn't have a display so I'd imagine there has to be another way. Anyway leave him an email he usually replies within a day.

http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?...d=12&Itemid=41
Old 09-28-2011, 03:31 PM
A Little Annoyed!
Reefer Ratings: (30 (97%)
Friends: (44)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinP View Post
Did you catch that? I just said an apex to reset an apex, Not myself this week sorry, alot on my mind.

Did you try to contact Curt? If there was a way to do it without a display (which I hope there is) he'd know. The Jr doesn't have a display so I'd imagine there has to be another way. Anyway leave him an email he usually replies within a day.

http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?...d=12&Itemid=41
I have been actually going back and forth with Curt with this exact problem. Rich I will shoot you a msg later.

Curt said that the CD should be used with the Apex broswer, but what he not understanding that it wont find it!

View My WebCam!
                     http://www.designerclowns.com
Deep Blue 75 Gal
75 Rimless Thread.

28g JBJ Nano LED mixed reef
28 Gal Tank Thread!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Friends: (4)
Send a Private Message
i was having issues earlier this week. your best bet is to have your PC/MAC and Apex connected to a router with a network cable. wireless isn't reliable.

you should then be able to use the apex browse utility to detect the device and then connect to it via web browser.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:37 PM
A Little Annoyed!
Reefer Ratings: (30 (97%)
Friends: (44)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty50 View Post
i was having issues earlier this week. your best bet is to have your PC/MAC and Apex connected to a router with a network cable. wireless isn't reliable.

you should then be able to use the apex browse utility to detect the device and then connect to it via web browser.
All has been tried. He is using it wired. It is definitely an IP problem and might have been mis-configured!

Need to be able to reset it.... When We get the answer we will be sure to share it!

View My WebCam!
                     http://www.designerclowns.com
Deep Blue 75 Gal
75 Rimless Thread.

28g JBJ Nano LED mixed reef
28 Gal Tank Thread!
Old 09-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Look at my bare bottom!
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirty5 View Post
All has been tried. He is using it wired. It is definitely an IP problem and might have been mis-configured!

Need to be able to reset it.... When We get the answer we will be sure to share it!
Kind of disappointed in the new Jr units wouldn't be that hard I would imagine to just add a hardware reset button seems like a no brainer to have someway to reset things if something goes wrong without a display.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Reefer Ratings: (1 (100%)
Friends: (4)
Send a Private Message
i really don't think there is a physical way to reset the device. i've asked curt that when troubleshooting last weekend. i remember reading somewhere about unplugging it for 24hr's for the battery to drian, but curt said that does nothing.

what is the status light showing? is it flashing or solid? flashing light means corrupt firmware. try to use the flash utility to flash the device at it's last known IP address.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Look at my bare bottom!
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty50 View Post
i really don't think there is a physical way to reset the device. i've asked curt that when troubleshooting last weekend. i remember reading somewhere about unplugging it for 24hr's for the battery to drian, but curt said that does nothing.

what is the status light showing? is it flashing or solid? flashing light means corrupt firmware. try to use the flash utility to flash the device at it's last known IP address.
You can engineer a way to a physical reset if all it takes is a cut off of battery power than just make a switch that just cuts off battery power to the controller's motherboard or whatever and make it reset. I would think that not including such a cheap yet very needed feature is a big oversight in design.