LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Did you catch that? I just said an apex to reset an apex, :p Not myself this week sorry, alot on my mind.

Did you try to contact Curt? If there was a way to do it without a display (which I hope there is) he'd know. The Jr doesn't have a display so I'd imagine there has to be another way. Anyway leave him an email he usually replies within a day.

http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_contact&catid=12&Itemid=41

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Did you catch that? I just said an apex to reset an apex, :p Not myself this week sorry, alot on my mind.

Did you try to contact Curt? If there was a way to do it without a display (which I hope there is) he'd know. The Jr doesn't have a display so I'd imagine there has to be another way. Anyway leave him an email he usually replies within a day.

http://www.neptunesys.com/index.php?option=com_contact&catid=12&Itemid=41

I have been actually going back and forth with Curt with this exact problem. Rich I will shoot you a msg later.

Curt said that the CD should be used with the Apex broswer, but what he not understanding that it wont find it!

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i was having issues earlier this week. your best bet is to have your PC/MAC and Apex connected to a router with a network cable. wireless isn't reliable.

you should then be able to use the apex browse utility to detect the device and then connect to it via web browser.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
i was having issues earlier this week. your best bet is to have your PC/MAC and Apex connected to a router with a network cable. wireless isn't reliable.

you should then be able to use the apex browse utility to detect the device and then connect to it via web browser.

All has been tried. He is using it wired. It is definitely an IP problem and might have been mis-configured!

Need to be able to reset it.... When We get the answer we will be sure to share it!

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
All has been tried. He is using it wired. It is definitely an IP problem and might have been mis-configured!

Need to be able to reset it.... When We get the answer we will be sure to share it!

Kind of disappointed in the new Jr units wouldn't be that hard I would imagine to just add a hardware reset button seems like a no brainer to have someway to reset things if something goes wrong without a display.

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i really don't think there is a physical way to reset the device. i've asked curt that when troubleshooting last weekend. i remember reading somewhere about unplugging it for 24hr's for the battery to drian, but curt said that does nothing.

what is the status light showing? is it flashing or solid? flashing light means corrupt firmware. try to use the flash utility to flash the device at it's last known IP address.

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i really don't think there is a physical way to reset the device. i've asked curt that when troubleshooting last weekend. i remember reading somewhere about unplugging it for 24hr's for the battery to drian, but curt said that does nothing.

what is the status light showing? is it flashing or solid? flashing light means corrupt firmware. try to use the flash utility to flash the device at it's last known IP address.

You can engineer a way to a physical reset if all it takes is a cut off of battery power than just make a switch that just cuts off battery power to the controller's motherboard or whatever and make it reset. I would think that not including such a cheap yet very needed feature is a big oversight in design.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Doubt unplugging the device for 24H will do anything. Configurations for devices such as the Apex are most likely stored on NVRAM powered by an internal CMOS battery.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
We don't know last know ip. And there is no hard reset which IMO is stupid. The router is reportingb an unknown device a 255.255.255.255 which is not a useable ip the device is functioning but just can access via network. The flash utility does not work either

Sent from my Piece of crap Sprint Epic

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
We don't know last know ip. And there is no hard reset which IMO is stupid. The router is reportingb an unknown device a 255.255.255.255 which is not a useable ip the device is functioning but just can access via network. The flash utility does not work either

Accidentally set the IP as 255.255.255.255? Is dhcp off? Can you login via http://apex?

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can engineer a way to a physical reset if all it takes is a cut off of battery power than just make a switch that just cuts off battery power to the controller's motherboard or whatever and make it reset. I would think that not including such a cheap yet very needed feature is a big oversight in design.

no arguments here. there actually is a physical reset button but i think its only for the actual outlets, not for the software.

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Accidentally set the IP as 255.255.255.255? Is dhcp off? Can you login via http://apex?

EDIT:
Just thought of this login to the router and check the dhcp reservation list, scan the network for the mac address and assign the mac address to a specific internal ip then login via that ip.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Dhcp was turned off and ip was set. I think it was set to 255 by mistake

Http//apex doesnot work the router is reporting an unknown device that has to be the apex. Only a computer and the apex were connected. So the hostname is not seen by the router.

Sorry for the typos. I hate this phone

LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Dhcp was turned off and ip was set. I think it was set to 255 by mistake

Http//apex doesnot work the router is reporting an unknown device that has to be the apex. Only a computer and the apex were connected. So the hostname is not seen by the router.

Sorry for the typos. I hate this phone

Try to scan for the mac address? You can force the router to route it to a specific internal ip then login and regain control.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: