LatinP

Look at my bare bottom!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Widdy it is the same OP...

And yes that was all read. This thread was sarted realy to see if anyone had a head unit that he could borrow meerely to reset the unit

Sent from my Piece of crap Sprint Epic

Yeah, wish I could help. I do but I dont I bought the Apex lite but my display unit has since been water damaged and is pretty much useless I'm doing everything from a browser too.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
i really don't think there is a physical way to reset the device. i've asked curt that when troubleshooting last weekend. i remember reading somewhere about unplugging it for 24hr's for the battery to drian, but curt said that does nothing.

what is the status light showing? is it flashing or solid? flashing light means corrupt firmware. try to use the flash utility to flash the device at it's last known IP address.

no arguments here. there actually is a physical reset button but i think its only for the actual outlets, not for the software.

According to Curt there is no need for a reset.... Since you can access the device with the Utility!

All I have to say about that NOT!!!

If Rich had a reset button, then this would not be a problem. Just like any router has or my access points.. Just hold the little button for 10 seconds with a pen tip, and BAM back to factory defaults! This is something that should be added to any device that you can change settings, and not BRICK the device.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Brando,
There is definately an IP problem here. He would need a crossover cable which he probably does not have.

That should not really matter since when you connect to computer via network cable, it will communicate over TCP/IP, not like a USB device.

The only way to do it that way, would to be set the IP of the computer to something say 192.168.1.2 and then use the CD that came with the unit. But the way that it would communicate with the device is over a networking channel so it will most likely look for the hostname APEX, but that is not even working over the network.

When you statically set your IP's on a network, it really is the same thing. We would need to know the IP of the device, and I think that is where the problem is.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: