dacaptain78

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Joe was the older guy that used to work there. He was a real nice guy. I hope the new owners set up a nice fish room. I also hope they have some knowledgeable people on staff. After joe was gone i never ran into anyone working there who had any idea about the fish they were selling. I pass by Animal Pantry often so If I notice it's open I will let you know.

fjpod

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called the number and the recording said it was temporarily disconnected - if they were going out of business they would just disconnect the phone permanently.
If I were a new owner sprucing up a long time successful business, I would not disconnect the phone number, not even temporarily. I would put a recording on about how I am making improvements and when I expect to reopen.

Also a fairly large new pet store opened practically across the street, no fish (within a block or two). You don't close your doors for renovations under those conditions. Somebody is making bad business moves.

Maybe we can get them a government bailout. :biggrin:

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
Joe - that was his name. I think I called him every other "J" name (Jim, John) except for the right one. LOL.

Joe was the older guy that used to work there. He was a real nice guy. I hope the new owners set up a nice fish room. I also hope they have some knowledgeable people on staff. After joe was gone i never ran into anyone working there who had any idea about the fish they were selling. I pass by Animal Pantry often so If I notice it's open I will let you know.

fjpod

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in there today and they had no saltwater stuff what so ever.

Were they set up for salt water? Just with no livestock? Or not even salt water tanks?

I've been disappointed in this store under the previous owner. Very limited saltwater/reef. Poor lighting in previous reef tank.

I shouldn't ask so many questions. I should stop by and look.

We should all stop by and let the owners know we are interested in saltwater. Maybe buy some drygoods to show we are serious.

bigyankfan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
226   0   0
I stopped by last night. It is the same SW setup as the provious owner with better overhead lighting but no tank lighting. He had very limited livestock but said he would be growing the SW section. We will wait and see.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: