Rating - 100%
64   0   0
if anyone of you need a helping hand, please do not hesitate to let me or any other staten island reefer know... we are all here to :help: ..... :smoker:

P.S. i dunno but i smell a texas holdem tourney coming soon :biggrin: :biggrinpa

NYfish

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hello

I'm new on the Island! how the tap water here?

Well, I just fill a 180 reef w/ a DI filter made by Aquarium Phaumecutical...:bagfish: :goldfish2

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
That not good!

It just the DI part!

Yes! I will by the end of the week!

Thanks for the info!

Got to get a RO/DI unit pronto!:letitallo

NYfish, pronto is not soon enough. Trust me I use to use that DI unit, and it didn't do much. Check your phosphates in your tank. Best of wishes with your new set up.

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0

Thanks Tscoots, I'll also be picking brains. I'll be upgrading from 55 gal - 75 gal soon. I just moved from Great Kills to Eltingville & for convenience, time & nitrate reduction I went BB & removed bioballs from sump. Since I'll be switching tanks again when I'm settled, I thought no sand would be cleaner & less stress on fish. (And actually it doesn't look too bad). I got rid of the bioballs on the advice of MR members. Quick question: using W/D filter - w/bioballs there was very little noise in sump. Now w/the water dropping from drip plate into sump, it sounds like a waterfall. How to fix????

SIReefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Thanks for the sump tip. Sounds like it'll work. Like NYfish I am using an Aquarium Pharm. tap water filter. I have no phos/nitrites in tank. I usually run apx.15-25 nitrates but w/BB and no more bioballs this should be brought down. Unfortunately I got 4 cartridges for Christmas. I'll use them up & then convert to RODI. Any suggestions on a good RODI unit.

timdmb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i could use a helping hand

hey everyone looking to get a foot in on the hobby; currently keeping a 20g freshwater, looking to build a 30 gallon reef; willing to convert the 20 into a sump if possible; anyway im totally wet behind the ears so any guidance would be appreciated... thanks

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
SI reefers come see me.. I'll set you straight... And si tap is worse than great kills water..And graet kills at the right tide is not bad if you Diatom...Tonyscoots good to see you back on mr...You don't know me but I know uuuuuuu....lol..SI stand up...

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Tonyscoots good to see you back on mr...You don't know me but I know uuuuuuu....lol..SI stand up...

Unless he took a new name, I don't think he's back:

Tonyscoots84

PaRt Of The CliQuE, NOT..​

Sex: Male
user_offline.gif

bueller

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I stopped by reef fantasy last week, they re-did the store, looks pretty good. maybe we can put together a SI group buy and get some kind of discount? or another good reef store on SI....any suggestions.

bueller

PIOTR

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm will drive with my wife.GMC envoy 7 pass. I have 5 empty seats.Anyone interested call evenings 917-412-8349. I work nights.I live on Wellington court by the Staten Island Mall.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: