Status
Not open for further replies.

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Perhaps richardhmc should clarify the original question. Are we looking for an LFS for fishes or LFS for corals? That really makes a big difference.

As far as pricing goes, it's really subjective. If you got the money, everything seems cheap. :)

Well. Once upon a time when I started this thread years ago, I just wanted to know all the saltwater LFS in staten island. But now, knowing how much price should really go for, fish and corals, I am looking for LFSes of

Swim

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yip been running the ecobak pellets for ~5 months...have noticed some corals staring to color back up after ...algae slowly going away...whish I could give you numbers but I have always tested 0 (nitrates and phos),but had visible algae..oh and my chaeto has died off..

Don't want to highjack richardhms' thread but have you experienced any slow down in the beads tumbling as the bacteria grow and thicken? I just started my MTC reactor this past weekend. I had been running GFO and phos wasn't detectable, nitrate about 40 ppm. The problem with GFO is that it gets used up to fast.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purposely signed up to this site to defend my boys at AK, when i found out there where haters out there bashing them, I had to voice my opion to the sincere people on here looking for real advice. AK is as real as it gets , great store , great inventory!!!! shop there and you will be statisfied!!! or if you have enough time like every one else on here, drive all over the world and look for a better deal, but for the people with lives who are in it for a hobby not a life obbesion, go to my boys over at AK, they will do it right for ya!!!!! "If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen"

Swim

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purposely signed up to this site to defend my boys at AK, when i found out there where haters out there bashing them, I had to voice my opion to the sincere people on here looking for real advice. AK is as real as it gets , great store , great inventory!!!! shop there and you will be statisfied!!! or if you have enough time like every one else on here, drive all over the world and look for a better deal, but for the people with lives who are in it for a hobby not a life obbesion, go to my boys over at AK, they will do it right for ya!!!!! "If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen"

Welp, I didn't "sign up" here just to defend AK but as I've stated already I've been going to AK for years and will continue to do so. I usually stop by once a week even when I'm not looking to buy anything. I never know what I'll see in that store as far as odd balls go and I enjoy seeing the variety even if I'm not buying. Also, they are about the only store around that will still order MTC equipment these days it seems.

jaa1456

MR's Greatest Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Can't believe this thread is still alive, The answer in short NO THERE ARE NO LFS ON SI WORTH ANYTHING. AK sells Xenia for 40 dollars, I give that stuff away for free and as for selection there is none. 5 years ago it was worth going, I would pass by it everyday, now I don't even have a 2nd thought of that place unless I want a good laugh. Just go over the outerdridge to much better LFS's its worth the toll and gas money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: