Status
Not open for further replies.

Swim

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you have an example to back up your statement. you may want to stop by O.G. and red sand to see what they offer.

An example to back up my statement? Is this an inquisition? Have you seen the piece at AK we are typing about?

Haven't been to either of those FS in over a month but was recently at reef encounter and absolutely fish and they don't have anything that comes close to this show Duncan at AK but my experience over the years tells me it could be selling for as much as $50 below what any of the main stream NJ FS would price it for.

Just my opinion.

lo7100

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I goes to AK once a week (Thrus). The piece of coral is in the tank right behind the shark tank ,right? It's actually placed on the right upper corner in the tank.

I can give you a few examples about the fish prices.
regular firefish for $19.99
orange linkin starfish for $39.99
wild catch banggai cardinal for $24.99.

All the islander, please tell me if these are good prices.

Swim

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I goes to AK once a week (Thrus). The piece of coral is in the tank right behind the shark tank ,right? It's actually placed on the right upper corner in the tank.

I can give you a few examples about the fish prices.
regular firefish for $19.99
orange linkin starfish for $39.99
wild catch banggai cardinal for $24.99.

All the islander, please tell me if these are good prices.

Just to be clear my position on FS prices of fish and inverts can be explained this way. I like getting a good buy just as much as anyone else but price is not the only factor for me. What good is a cheap fish if it dies the day after you get it home so the health of a particular specimin, it's color/markings, personality and then price all come into play on the decision to buy or not to buy. So with that in mind, your posting of prices doesn't tell me about the fish.

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Well, those prices are higher than what most LFS/vendors sell them for. But anyways, why complain about them when we have vendors on here for good deals?

But yeah, a nice LFS to walk into every so often would be nice. Don't find AK too friendly (except for one guy in there)

Funny thing happened the other day. I walked into an LFS in new jersey and I was talking to the manager who asked where I am coming from, to which I replied "staten island". Then two customers there also standing with the guy go "what animal kingdom ain't good enough for ya"? I go, nahhh not really to which they surprisingly agreed to too and they were from brooklyn! It says something if an LFS gets bad rep crossing boroughs.

Swim

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, those prices are higher than what most LFS/vendors sell them for. But anyways, why complain about them when we have vendors on here for good deals?

But yeah, a nice LFS to walk into every so often would be nice. Don't find AK too friendly (except for one guy in there)

Funny thing happened the other day. I walked into an LFS in new jersey and I was talking to the manager who asked where I am coming from, to which I replied "staten island". Then two customers there also standing with the guy go "what animal kingdom ain't good enough for ya"? I go, nahhh not really to which they surprisingly agreed to too and they were from brooklyn! It says something if an LFS gets bad rep crossing boroughs.

Truth is every FS goes through their ups and downs. Change in employees, change in shippers/wholesalers etc.. I remember a little over a decade ago reef encounter was in edgewater and high on everyones list but they have declined since moving to the new location. Aqua Tropics, now Absolutely Fish had a down period for a while too. It's not easy for the LFS, especially in this economy and electric rates, high rents etc.. I still like buying at LFS over the internet though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dont hate

I agree with SI being a little undiversied when it comes to stores,, but animal kingdom is a real as it gets in the salwater arena, they service tanks, and have a heavy selection in corals and fish. There prices are in the ball park of the rest of them, which is unique b/c they have alot of staff to educate you on the product you want before you buy it. They are very hands on, you will not buy something that will ruin your whole tank ( ex, poison to others, harmfull to others etc...) if you dont really know what you doing, as long as they have an idea what kind of tank setup you have. Ive bought from everywhere Im into very exotic pieces and I like to spend on this hobby, animl kingdom is where you buy if your in the si area, great service calls,( they just came to my house at 8 pm to get my eel from the overflow!!!!! lol) grea product and a large educated staff to help you buy what you schould buy for your tank, not what you think you wanna buy b/c it looks cool and you dont know any better b/c this sh#$t cost money!!!!! to all of you saying bad stuff about the place either must just be in the business and hating on the comp or just flat out bored with their lives, I have 2 tanks, i dont know much about the hobby and my tanks look comercial grade all the tme!!!! good look to the rest of you

richardhmc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
to all of you saying bad stuff about the place either must just be in the business and hating on the comp or just flat out bored with their lives

50centbertstare.gif

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I agree with SI being a little undiversied when it comes to stores,, but animal kingdom is a real as it gets in the salwater arena, they service tanks, and have a heavy selection in corals and fish. There prices are in the ball park of the rest of them, which is unique b/c they have alot of staff to educate you on the product you want before you buy it. They are very hands on, you will not buy something that will ruin your whole tank ( ex, poison to others, harmfull to others etc...) if you dont really know what you doing, as long as they have an idea what kind of tank setup you have. Ive bought from everywhere Im into very exotic pieces and I like to spend on this hobby, animl kingdom is where you buy if your in the si area, great service calls,( they just came to my house at 8 pm to get my eel from the overflow!!!!! lol) grea product and a large educated staff to help you buy what you schould buy for your tank, not what you think you wanna buy b/c it looks cool and you dont know any better b/c this sh#$t cost money!!!!! to all of you saying bad stuff about the place either must just be in the business and hating on the comp or just flat out bored with their lives, I have 2 tanks, i dont know much about the hobby and my tanks look comercial grade all the tme!!!! good look to the rest of you

lmao - take a hike

please show us some pictures of your setups, surely you are savy enough to do so since you were able to find this site.
please give us some insight on your daily maintenance charges and your current livestock

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
How much did Matt charge to remove the eel from your overflow $500? There crooks and could care less about the livestock, They would sell a cat shark to a person with a nano just to make a quick buck.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
How much did Matt charge to remove the eel from your overflow $500? There crooks and could care less about the livestock, They would sell a cat shark to a person with a nano just to make a quick buck.

i love it! lol....

they maintain a tank for a place i visit. It once had all hermits snails and fish. Then they added a new fish which had ick - i saw it the day they added it. Why would you add a fish with ick knowing it had ick. The whole tank got ick and some died.... Then Animal kingdom gave him copper meds which they charged him to treat the tank! then all the tanks inverts died and fowled the water.. then he called them to come and they didnt come and as a result all the fish but one died and he charged them more. They take advantage and are crooks. People just like you are being taken advantage of and dont even know it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
damn you guys must be bitter to those guys for some reason, but on some real **** im not gonna over hype the store stuff dies, but what do you expect, you can front though and say they dont know there **** they have never sold me anything that didnt agree with my tank, my cuz walked into manhattan aqua top notch shop and bought something that destroyed his tank and spent top dollar on it. There prices are fine, people have bills to pay, where all not in it for the forum responses

Last edited by a moderator:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
heres your chance to defend them

post some pictures of your tank - it is very easy.

i really would like to see what livestock you have
what they do to maintain your system and what equip they set you up with and what price

seriously give us pics. we know the hobby and equipment.

i will always understand that a business is a business and they have to pay bills.... but they beat people and thats that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: