howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Yikes! Make sure you raise it slowly man.

Hey you around any time next week? I'm supposed to be getting my one AI back from AI on the 28th. Had to get a couple little things fixed on it. Anyway, I was thinking of maybe coming up so we could get the fixture built. If after the holidays would be better thats cool. Don't need the light on during the cycle.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Nice rock work.
How do you like the AI SOL ?

I like the Sol a lot. I need to get a par meter to see what I have to set them at. For now I have them pretty low, dont want to burn it all up.

It is making me sick to look at the tank every day animals are looking worse and worse.

Salt is finally stable, and I just fed and the Anthias are eating like pigs, acans seem to be taking food, and chalicealso. But my blastos all look like goners and my scolly prob wont make it or my open brain thing. All my polyps look ok right now.

Dendro looks fine along with duncan, while they are not fully open, they did eat.

:grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Well looks like I am back to normal. One of the blastos that was in the tank is looking pretty good!!!! So I am gonna give a little more time and then get couple of more fish then start to restock some corals. I found a few 6500 bulbs that I am gonna use over my fuge.

Now I need a reactor for biopellets. But I need to find out what size unit I need

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Well looks like I am back to normal. One of the blastos that was in the tank is looking pretty good!!!! So I am gonna give a little more time and then get couple of more fish then start to restock some corals. I found a few 6500 bulbs that I am gonna use over my fuge.

Now I need a reactor for biopellets. But I need to find out what size unit I need

im back to normal too now lol. im glad everything is going good for you now. =)

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Well I lost everything I bought at the swap except for one small blast. I also lost all new stuff I got from frags unlimited including a gold torch and scolly.

But everything is stable now. I moved like 9 of the 13 head torch from my nano into the new tank. It actually looks awesome under the leds. All polyps look good and are growing.

I do have some captain Americas with hair algae on the plug which I can't seem to get rid of. Should I just take it out and scrub it off.

In my fuge some of the chaeto looks to be getting translucent and dying off. But that may have something to do with the low bioload of the tank. I only have 3 anthias right now and a couple lps that actually need to be fed directly.

I am def I the market for a new fish. I think my next purchase will be a pistol shrimo and a goby. Then a pair of clowns.

I am am going to get my hospital tank up and running today so I can QT new items.

Uptown193

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11/23/2011
2011-11-23113806.jpg

Hey, I just wanted to say that I love the hard work you put into this build. You definitely made all the right moves from what I can see. I love the aquascaping. I learned a few things from reading this thread. If you can keep it all clean including the sump you will enjoy it even more. I look forward to coming back to see the transition. I have a nice ADA planted tank but I am contemplating on setting up a reef tank but I keep having second thoughts due the the costs I hear about setting one up and maintaining it, as well as people getting into and leaving the hobby rapidly. However, this thread has inspired me again to set one up in the near future. Thanks for sharing your personal reef tank. I would put a loveseat sofa in front of the tank and chill with a cold beer and/or hot coffee and just gaze at the life in the tank and your very own creation. :approve:

Gaze: To look steadily and intently, as with great curiosity, interest, pleasure, or wonder.

Rich

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Rich
Those are som very kind words!!! I'm glad that I could inspire someone.

Not much has been going on with the tank now after I fixed my salinity mess up. Need to get some more stock in the tank.

Thanks!

Sent from my Piece of crap Sprint Epic

Uptown193

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich
Those are som very kind words!!! I'm glad that I could inspire someone.

Not much has been going on with the tank now after I fixed my salinity mess up. Need to get some more stock in the tank.

Thanks!

Sent from my Piece of crap Sprint Epic

Your welcome. Hey you live and learn, just like you said. That is what living life is based on. You would not be human if you didn't make honest mistakes. I am sure you will never forget to check salinity again.

Rich

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Well I started this tank on 10/3/2011... Well today I am moving slowly as I should to make sure that it is all working the way that it should. After I made my real F-UP and killed all my LPS with the salinity mistake, i have been much more on top of those levels.

So far I have a only 3 anthias, but I just picked up 3 eel gobies from AG this morning. They are happy in their 20 gal QT Tank right now. I also just saw the start of the purple coraline in the tank. There are spots popping up in a few areas. I got my bio-pellet reactor, but I need to get the actual Pellets. Still have not figured out which ones I am going to use.

I want to get some sort of Invert or something that will stay out in the open and it nice to look at....

Anyone have any ideas?

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
So far I have a only 3 anthias, but I just picked up 3 eel gobies from AG this morning. They are happy in their 20 gal QT Tank right now. I also just saw the start of the purple coraline in the tank. There are spots popping up in a few areas. I got my bio-pellet reactor, but I need to get the actual Pellets. Still have not figured out which ones I am going to use.

I want to get some sort of Invert or something that will stay out in the open and it nice to look at....

Anyone have any ideas?

the eel gobies/engineering gobies dig into the sand and they do get pretty big 10+"

blue tuxedo urchin....looks pretty nice and a good worker also.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
thanks Tom, Anthony and i were talking about that in the store and the guy looked at me like i had three heads...then again he could have saw his reflection on my head which makes sense i guess.

you dont have any invert critters in main tank yet?

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
thanks Tom, Anthony and i were talking about that in the store and the guy looked at me like i had three heads...then again he could have saw his reflection on my head which makes sense i guess.

you dont have any invert critters in main tank yet?

I should have listened. There is no way that I am putting them into my tank if they are going to make a total mess of the sandbed and corals on the bed. I thought that that employees at OG were a little more knowledgeable. My fault lesson learned. Now what to do with them??? They are too big to put into my sump (only about 30 gallon in the fuge section).

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: