Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
This is what's so frustrating about this hobby!!! Good luck buddy lots of ups and downs with sps once u get tank dialed in again and wait few months it will be back to its prime !
Just takes 1 day for whole tank to start looking like crap and months for it to recover !! One u see new encrusting growth again u should be good!!

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Well didnt lose everything but lost about 15 acros :( Still have 10 left. Birdsnests and montis are coming back strong.

Attachments

• acroless.JPG
    acroless.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 493

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Sorry Duke ... but it doesn't look like anything even happened to your tank! I was expecting a MASSIVE fail. :D lol.

The tank looks fantastic regardless of what happened. Now to rebuild the Acro collection. ;)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Nice rebound Duke. Did you ever figure out what was killing your acros? I know you had a salinity problem at first but it seemed that something else was causing problems later on.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Still have no idea. Maybe bacteria maybe alk swings,salinity? Cant figure it out. Still have some acros not totally gone but some of my favorites are. Carls candlelight,pearlberry,red planet colony. But some other favorites i still have Joe the coral,shades of fall,blue-green tort. Didnt put them in the DT i have my 10 acros in my frag tank. Going to upgrade so not going to place them in till i do

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
180. If everything works out i am upgrading the middle of may. If it doesnt work out going to keep my setup. All how the cards fall :) I know by the pics you cant see much but if you saw my tank before and after in person you would see. Got so bad i last my colony of green slimer. That guy could be left out for a week and i wouldnt die LOL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: