ejsaints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is a piece of live rock, right? Yes and no. If u look it, it appears to have the shape of a bottle and for goood reason..... A bottle that is encrusted with live rock is exactly what it is.

That little black area is where u can see the brown glass and, YES, .... it is still full of alcohodont know what to do with it..... But it is cured.

Attachments

• IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 345

ejsaints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got it in a batch of dry rock that had amazing pieces of rock from every region and every piece I pulled out was cooler then the last until I got to this one. As nice as the shelf, huge Tonga branches and bali rock were.... This one easily takes the cake.

ejsaints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I had it in my reef but I started having second thoughts in the event that it begins to leech into my tank. I am adding a nice amount of corqls next week and figured it wasn't worth the risk. Everything in there is happy and healthy and i want to keep it that way.

ejsaints

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the rock is around 1/4" at it's thinnest and 1 1/2" at it's thickest. It as a good amount of weight to it. The other reason I took it out was the possibility that it is something other than alcohol. I don't if it would be but if it were something much more potent than alcohol it could be very bad. If it is alcohol.... I guess it would help get my fuge mud to go anerobic faster.......... if it has broken down to vinegar it will constantly and possibly dramatically drop my ph. I'm guessing that it hs to have a cork and possibly topped with wax so there shouldn't be any metal of any kind.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I'm guessing that it hs to have a cork and possibly topped with wax so there shouldn't be any metal of any kind.

I would not assume anything.

If I had to guess, i would say its man made (someone made it bc they thought it would be cool), not an actual rock from a reef. It could very well be a newish bottle of champagne that still has the metal tie on the top.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: