Rating - 100%
64   0   0
thanks a bunch guys..

went shopping for more stuff i needed im almost done :ugh:

photo4-4.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

i figured if i sandwiched the 2 ends with a small piece of 1/2" pvc it would work real well. it would let me use flex hose on both sides and i can always silicone around it to ensure 100% seal.
photo2-6.jpg

photo1-6.jpg

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
will do richie... maybe ill order 1/2" bulkheads one for each container. thats someone elses tank. will change em out to 45's and i would still use the ball valves just so i have an option of shutting off the drain when needed to for any reason.

thanks richie...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
what do u mean reversed. the top is the drain 1" and the bottom is the return 3/4"... i was showing on what i plan on doing with mine but minus the bottom part which will be flex hose.. hope that helps timber...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I still need to

order Netgear WNCE2001
cut eggcrate for sump and tank
bend 1" conduit for light rail (waiting on stand)
get longer screws to go into conduit and then into lights

and i should be done with buying stuff hopefully :eek:

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
pictures of finished stand coming tonite :). ( its not painted or stained im waiting to see what furniture we will be getting to finalize my decision). i got the phone call from the pops and said it was done and ready to be picked up. :biggrin: now i gotta find away to get this monster to jersey :eek:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
there are doors on each side except the back. the back is open completely
Still has to be sanded to my specs ;)

left side (my father put the fake draw on top of both sides)
photo2-9.jpg

Front
photo1-9.jpg

RIght
photo-2-1.jpg

Front open

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg

Know i gotta figure out how im going to the plumbing for return and overflow. im confused never used a filter sock holder :embarrassed:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
what does everyone think of the stand. it stands 45" high 30" wide with the top (top is removable). im going to be painting the inside white which killz paint do i get. sump and auto top off will be inside. im also planning on adding some trim when i move into the house. thanks guyz

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
ordered another 31lbs of rock from reefrocks.net. so the 50 that i have and the 31 that i ordered i will now have 81lbs + with the extra he threw in on the 1st order. so when i start the tank i will be ordering around 20-30lbs of live rock.

im going to hold off on the wireless adapter seeing that many people are not really liking the way they work so im gonna do some more research on my best option. the router is going to be on the other side of the house so wiring it up i might be able to snake up a wire into the attic and down the wall where the tank is going to be.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: