Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Tony, the stand looks good, and strong.;) Love the draw, but honestly I would change the hardware if it was in my house. But then again I don't know what your decor is.;)
Can't wait to see how it all comes together!!!!! You really have done really well with your purchases for this build. Congratulations

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i went to staten island today to pick up this monster stand :eek: me and my future cousin in law loaded everything up. it looks great. i prob. will not be using any of the hardware my father included it all depends on what the furniture is like and colors got time for that anyways. what i have to get done is painting killz white paint inside the stand and getting all of the plumbing done and ready to use when i move in.

thanks awi...

timber do you think that works well?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
getting closer :irked:
photo1-8.jpg

im planning on putting all the electronics on one side and the energy bars on the back of the stand cable management is not gonna be fun :eek:

draw
photo2-8.jpg

the sump will be on the left and the rodi reservoir will be on the right
photo3-5.jpg

im gonna have to make a shelf for the mag/cal/alk containers
tom. i will start painting the inside of the stand with killz (dont know which one to get or if there are diff. ones but im gonna research it)

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
got my shipment today from BRS and still have to order a few more things... Russ guess what home depot by me didnt have :irked: Y's do you know Y cause they didnt :lol2:

anyways first coat of killz paint is done low fumes no voc water based :chef:

Attachments

• photo 1-1.JPG
    photo 1-1.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 193
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 189
  • photo 3-1.JPG
    photo 3-1.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 190
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 191
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
thanks russ. i think im gonna skip on the hole wye thing i dont have enough space to do what i want and make it look nice so ill just use the small minijets they dont output that much heat to worry about em anyways.
im thinking to have the drain section in the front of the stand, the skimmer would be in the middle and the return would be in the back which would leave me with not much room....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
kris you no the deal... im trying to keep my mind occupied by doing stuff until we get the house. Im :irked: as well but not :confused: :lol2: im trying to get everything set and done so when i move in all i gotta do is paint that room and set it up real quick :biggrin:

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
so here is my idea for the return and drain

drain is 1" it will be hard pvc up to the barb fitting then flex hose from there to the eshopps filter sock holder

return is 3/4" it will also be hard pvc up to the barb fitting then flex from there to the eheim pump is going to be flex hose

i no there are 2 ball valves, i like to have em both just encase... other wise how does it look guys. i figure this will make it alot easier and much more functional for me and this setup.

Attachments

• Untitled 2.png
    Untitled 2.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: