Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Here is the stand frame. I will be using all 2x4's and covering it with a nice choice of plywood (Havent talked it over with the pops yet).

Attachments

• stand fram.jpg
    stand fram.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 270
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
will this work with the 2x4's on the outside and im going to skin it with a nice piece of birch. im gonna start it tom.

the reason behind me doing it this way is so i can have a full 24x24 inside the stand

Attachments

• stand90.jpg
    stand90.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 252

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
your drawing is really not to detail, but here is my take
if you double up on your upper rails, you can have your 24x24 inner dimension, when you do that just cross brace the front and back. your stand will have a 1 1/2" lip around the perimeter of the tank,

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
if you do, i don't think you are going to have any support in the back.
finished size of inner frame is 24x24
outer frame is 27x27.
the only way that might work is if you use a 4x4 and notch out, but 4x4 has a tendency to twist

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I did a box on top and bottom. 2 2x4 for the L on the corners and then added filler pieces for top and bottom of 2x4s on all 4 sides. Its goin to bE skinned and there is goin to be a toP piece of plywood and a piece on the bottom ill take better pics of it when i get home

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: