NYTUGS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well is has been going very slow....:Yikes:: but we are making some progress! Most of the funds are going into the wedding fund ( getting married 6/9/12 :spin:)

Here are the latest pics...

1ea3a83f.jpg

38f002b3.jpg

ab69ecc8.jpg

8e2b1df5.jpg

NYTUGS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I really dont know what I wanna do with The plumbing as of yet. I would like to have a separate fugue and sump, I was speaking with Russ and he had mentioned to gravity feed the fuge to the sump....as you can see its all in the design stage so any and all suggestions are welcome.

NYTUGS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Very cool. Where did you get the idea of a 4 side viewable tank?

Thanks chief,

What I had wanted to do was take down the wall but being that it is weight bearing that was a no go..... From there we put our heads together and came up with the window view. It just happened to be perfectly viewable from all rooms in the house.

NYTUGS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When looking at the tank you will notice that there is about a 12 inch wide spot where you can see the painted wall behind the tank, the solution to that is in the pic below. It's a foam and rock wall, made with rock zip tied to eggcrate and filled in with pond foam. The viewable foam will be covered with epoxy and sand / crushed rock sprinkled over it so it will look like a solid rock wall.

24a5d530.jpg

NYTUGS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi Bruce, how's the build going? Everything looked so great, I can only imagine what it will be like.;)

Thanks so much for remembering my build and I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say everythiung is coming out AMAIZING!!!

I'm loading pics right now, they will be up in a few min.

NYTUGS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok here are the updated pictures!!!! Water has been in the tank for 3 weeks with no llights on. It's so hard to be patient but i'm sure it's paying off!

WATER WILL BE TESTED AFTER THIS POST!

268.jpg

271.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Patience is a virtue that I do not posses.LOL It is said that patience pay off!!;)

Sump room looks impressive! Can hardly wait to see what you do with the tank.:)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: