NYTUGS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ok here we go, I have not had a tank in about 5 years and I'm about to embark on tank journey that I've wanted to do for a long time. My fianc? and I bought our new construction home in July and as soon as I walked into the living room I thought to myself this is a GREAT spot for a reef tank! Diane my fianc? being the amazing woman that she is has agreed to let me do this build (even agreed to let me open a wall that was just built). Not only has Diane agreed to the build but she is of the thought process that if we do this we are doing it once, so for my birthday /Christmas we just put our order for our 90 gallon custom tank from coast to coast aquariums. The tank will be 48x18x26. My good friends agreed to help with the stand build.....or should I say took over the stand build! .

This will be a slow build being that I want it done 110% perfect. As we all know the equipment can be very expensive and We refuse to skimp. Feel free to tag along, any and all input is welcome! Ok ok I know you all want pics so here the are........

Thanks Diala I love you!

53ff0fef.jpg

7773650e.jpg

a629e7ce.jpg

f4c69b31.jpg

f14d6aa1.jpg

c655f090.jpg

NYTUGS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Anyone have thoughts on sump size? I'm thinking either 55 gallon or 75 gallon. Everything will be plumbed in the basement so recmodations on external pumps would be greatly appreciated.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I would go as big as possible for your sump. I like having as much water volume as possible. Is that tank going to be viewed from both sides??? What are you doing with thse electrical wires.

I have my sump in my basement and I went with a Blueline 55 high pressure pump (75 rimless tank).

I have a 90 gallon sump on my tank separated into approx a 32 gallon fuge and rest for return and skimmer.

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
Anyone have thoughts on sump size? I'm thinking either 55 gallon or 75 gallon. Everything will be plumbed in the basement so recmodations on external pumps would be greatly appreciated.
Since all the plumbing is going into the basement, and seeing the layout of your floor plan go as big as you can, you won't regret it.
A great friend of mine once said. " Dilution is the Solution".

NYTUGS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks everyone! Kathy I think we met about 6 years back....you came by to pick up a leather......(tugboatbruce)? Your near island pk right? The tank will be viewed from both sides. Where the wiring and water lines are I plan to re-Sheetrock. The living room and hallway are painted a sand color so in that one area I plan on putting all pukini rock from top to bottom and across the front of the tank. From there I'll go up the right side where the overflow is. It should all blend in very nicely........stayed tuned

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thanks everyone! Kathy I think we met about 6 years back....you came by to pick up a leather......(tugboatbruce)? Your near island pk right? The tank will be viewed from both sides. Where the wiring and water lines are I plan to re-Sheetrock. The living room and hallway are painted a sand color so in that one area I plan on putting all pukini rock from top to bottom and across the front of the tank. From there I'll go up the right side where the overflow is. It should all blend in very nicely........stayed tuned

When I first saw the screen name - I immediately thought of you Bruce as we don't have a lot of folks here who drive tug boats :))) and yes I remember meeting you & the kids (all well I hope!)..you were in Bayside IIRC back then?

Beautiful tank...what are you plans for this one?

NYTUGS

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When I first saw the screen name - I immediately thought of you Bruce as we don't have a lot of folks here who drive tug boats :))) and yes I remember meeting you & the kids (all well I hope!)..you were in Bayside IIRC back then?

Beautiful tank...what are you plans for this one?

Hey Kathy

The girls are great thanks for asking :smile:! I'm not 100% sure what i want to do with this tank as of yet, i have a couple of ideas so stay tuned! I;ll be working on my rock/foam wall this week...... will post pics!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: