MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
How did it start Steve?

could b all these Awi...over feed, medicine mix, Caulerpa toxicity.
my dad retired he's home everyday so he fell in love with my fishes feeding 4 cubes brand shrimp, flakes plus 2 big pieces on lettuce everyday for 2 weeks. I got tons of red slime so I decide to treat with "redslime remover"(used many time without a problem in the past). after a week of treatment I notice some of my fish starting to show ick then I decide to treat it with "ruby reef kick-ick". after 3 days of treatment I saw 8 dead and 7 others did not come out to eat like the night before. I dont have any premix water to do WC that night all I can do is add carbon then I saw most of my grape Caulerpa melting.

thx for the offer Phil!

it's very sad to come home from work to pick up few dead fish in the past few days!!! I still have 6 chromis 3 wrasses and 1 tang left who knows how long can they hang on.

Last edited:

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Wish there was something I could do to help!:sad2:

I'm wondering if it had something to do with the mixing of meds.:(

When you used the "Red Slime Remover" did you run some air pumps with air stones? I have always added air pump with airs tones when I used the "RSR".

You are doing all you can my friend! Continue with the w/c, and changing out the carbon a bit more often.:hug:

Last edited:

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
didn't have much luck with my DIY LED keep burning out so I pull the bullet!
here's the new toy :)
5325F99C-FBE3-4DEE-8F2A-B3D324B6351F-851-0000022CA2A8243C.jpg

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Steve:

As long as you don't have wrasses or other fish that will eat them, cleaner shrimp are THE ONLY surefire, reef safe cure for ich. It has worked 100% of the time for me. The fish will line up and wait their turn to be cleaned. They even open their gill plates and mouths so that the cleaners can clean their gills.

Alfred

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
Thanks Alfred! I tried pretty much most of the reef save medication, cleaner shrimp and wrasses nothing helps, pretty much all the fishes went expect a six line and a scopas tang. waited for few months then stocked up slowly over the summer. I'll post some fishes pics soon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: