Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Borbonius Anthias

Borbonius3-1.jpg

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Awe man :inlove:, love that tri-color acro.
Congrats on the new tank thread. :cheers:

Thanks Pauli!!! I have considered in recent times of going with ONLY acropora and monitpora species in the tank ... but I am sure I will miss the movement of the euphyllia's (Frogspawns, hammers, etc.etc.) and my fairly large Duncan colony. lol.

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
A few new pics ... PLEASE ignore my wonderful cotton candy algae ... This is hopefully the final struggle with any sort of algae outbreak. lol. Past that everything is doing really well so I can't complain.

Lokani (quickly becoming my favorite coral in the tank)
photo1-6.jpg

photo2-6.jpg

Acropora Navini - at least I am pretty sure this is what it is (it was pale when I first got it, and is starting to take a nice blue color to it)
photo-14.jpg

photo3-4.jpg

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Oh my David! Your tank is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Keep doing what you've been doing!! It is obviously working very well for you!:hug:

Thanks Awilda!!! :) This has been by far my most successful tank ... even though it started off really rough with the algae outbreaks. I think I stated it in another post that this was the ONLY tank that really had some serious problems with algae when I set it up. LOL.

Lokani is real nice!

Matt, it really is a fantastic piece ... As it colors up more and more I can see this will be a real gem!

Is that a undata? It is huge...

Yes it is! :) It's about the size of a dinner plate. I bought a small frag back in the summer of '09 ... it grew out in my 120G to a decent colony, then completely browned out and looked like dirt for quite a while. Once I got my 150 set up it started to color up a bit, I never got the purple rim out of it like I have now. Then finally it just blew up to the size it is now (plus I have cut it 3-4x).

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Beautiful! And this may sound crazy but my 10 yr old would love that "cotton candy algae" in her tank. Better not show her these pics...lol.

I just lol'd ... It is a very nice color no doubt!!! It's just too bad it can suffocate the zoas and SPS growing around it!!!

To each their own ... some people love the look of hair algae ... gives the tank a more "natural" look. ;)

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I just lol'd ... It is a very nice color no doubt!!! It's just too bad it can suffocate the zoas and SPS growing around it!!!

To each their own ... some people love the look of hair algae ... gives the tank a more "natural" look. ;)

I hate personally hate algae because of the damage it can cause to corals...lol...but purple is her favorite color...and she's an opinionated little she :sgrin: ... :wink1:

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
I hate personally hate algae because of the damage it can cause to corals...lol...but purple is her favorite color...and she's an opinionated little she :sgrin: ... :wink1:

Fully agreed.

Purple is her favorite color ... hmmmmmmm ... I will have to put up a pic of the Purple Monster!!! You need one for your tank! ;) :lol::goldfish2

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: