DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Well it's about time I started a tank thread since the tank has been up and running since July or so. :)

HUGE thanks to Mark (Reefoman) for this tank along with Rickysui for helping him deliver it to my place over the summer. :grouphug:

Specs:

-93G Marineland Cube
-Custom built stand
-Custom Sump

Equipment:

-Vertex IN-180 Skimmer

-Giesemann Infiniti 250W MH + 4x 24w T-5's (LOVE this fixture)

-2x TLF Reactors (GFO and Carbon) changed monthly

-Vertex UF-20 Reactor with Vertex Biopellets (500ML)

-Vortech MP-40W (I upgrade the controller to the ES model)

Dosing:
-ESV 2 Part (cal and alk)
-Red Sea Reef Care Program
Reef Colors A
Coral Colors B
Reef Colors C
Reef Colors D
NO3 PO4-X

-Red Sea Coral Pro Salt

Fish list:

-Rhomboid Wrasse
-Scott's Fairy Wrasse
-Rose-band Fairy Wrasse
-Yellow Coris Wrasse
-Melanarus Wrasse
-Ornate Leopard Wrasse
-Black Leopard Wrasse

-Fathead (Sunburst) Anthias
-Borbonius Anthias

-Green Chromis (x2)

-Yellow Watchman Goby

-Midas Blenny

-Yellow Belly Hippo Tang

All pics taken with my iPhone (I try ... lol)

Undata.jpg

photo9-1.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo6-1.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

Photo1-5.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo-11.jpg

photo2-5.jpg

Sump.jpg

Last edited:

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Thanks guys. :)

I am indeed a wrASSe man Justin. lol. I had to resist the temptation of a nice Blue Star Leopard the other day ... knock on wood I have been lucky enough to get the two Leopard Wrasses I have eating from day 1, I don't want to push my luck!!!

Not going to lie getting this tank up to where it is now took quite a bit of effort ... this was really the only tank that I ever had an issue with hair algae along with a bunch of other nuisance algae. Kidninja can testify to this along with a few others. lol.

I forgot to mention ... the bulb combo of the Giesemann Fixture ... 250W MH Ushio 20K. T-5's ... 2x Gieseman Actinic+, ATI Actinic and a Giesemann Aquapink.

DCG1286

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
181   0   0
Omg...love it! FTS...please and thank you!

I will definitely get you one!!! :D

FTS, I find difficult to take with the iPhone for some reason, I can get close up shots and everything else ... but the FTS comes out cloudy ... bizarre ... if someone has advice as to taking better shots with the iPhone I am all ears!!! :division:

awesome tank david! i wish i could upgrade my cube.... :p
Thanks Alex!!! When I upgrade to a 150 Cube ... you can take this one! ;)

Last edited:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I will definitely get you one!!! :D

FTS, I find difficult to take with the iPhone for some reason, I can get close up shots and everything else ... but the FTS comes out cloudy ... bizarre ... if someone has advice as to taking better shots with the iPhone I am all ears!!! :division:

That's b/c the iphone stinks...droid all the way...Evo specifically! hehe :tongue1: Seriously though I have the same problem with my phone, but I'm not exactly a photographer by any means. Will be watching for the fts though!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: