savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well here we go yesterday i received my tank setup first of the tank look well build 3/8" Starfire glass, Center Trapezoid Reef-Ready overflow box also a 16G 4-chamber refugium sump,Cone Protein skimmers,36" Long 60W Full length LED system not too impressed but in time i will dig into too it and make it better... Plus miscellaneous items like stand, return pump and refugium lamp, Durso drain system as for the return i guess i have alot of plumding to do..I had them cut a hole on the return side of the sump so i can use a external pump also the overflow box only have one return hole???? I guess i need to cut a addition one... I'm well start putting the stand together this weekend still waiting on sum few nicknack to arrive here a few pics i keep u guys update from time to time...

Attachments

• IMAG1023.jpg
    IMAG1023.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,683
  • IMAG1026.jpg
    IMAG1026.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2,626
  • IMAG1034.jpg
    IMAG1034.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,603
Last edited:

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thank u got if from Cadlights.com it 36"L X 24"W X 18"H..

Attachments

• IMAG1030.jpg
    IMAG1030.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 2,606
  • IMAG1033.jpg
    IMAG1033.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2,599
  • IMAG1031.jpg
    IMAG1031.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 2,585

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
cant wait to see the build might do this same tank in feb or march.. would cad let someone upgrade the lights? i wanna go LED but want to go SPS so i would need stronger LED lights

your correct as far as the LED light goes the manufacture say (and i quote) Light output: 13000LUX/Fc @6" and is equal in PAR and Lumens to 150W HQI lighting in total 36" x 24" spread Uses only 60W of power and emits low to Zero heat to the reef. 1W LEDHO/bulb Great for a full range of LPS and SPS corals and aquariums up to16"- 24" high..My be for soft coral and some LPS and maybe some SPS on top of your rock works?? but i don't have a light meter to check for sure? But i'm open to suggestions if anyone had one your welcome to check it out..In time i will upgrade the LEDS in the unit also the ballast.. Well for now here the stand i just put together i we be putting the tank and the sump also the light on soon...:lol_large

Attachments

• IMAG1040.jpg
    IMAG1040.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 2,492
  • IMAG1044.jpg
    IMAG1044.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 2,479
  • IMAG1043.jpg
    IMAG1043.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,479

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
These are the perfect dimensions!. Been looking at orderin this tank as well. Im going to wait and see how yours goes before i give it the nod. CAre to share what you paid so i know what to look at in the price?

Hey Saltwatercoral2 just go to their website add the price of the complete system also the stand and shipping well be around $130... Here's the system intact my still waiting on my external pump also need to go shopping in home depot for my plumbing..

Attachments

• IMAG1046.jpg
    IMAG1046.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,283
  • IMAG1048.jpg
    IMAG1048.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,271
  • IMAG1049.jpg
    IMAG1049.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,270

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Looking good. Kinda tight under the stand for the external pump.

yes it is going on the back of the sump but it will fit with about 2" to spare...Wife doesn't want a shambles like i had in old apartment with my 110G i had which took over the living room.. Man this hobby is like crack just one not enough..LoL..So i did what all husbands do i beg...LOL...:teeth: I still need to add two dosing pumps there too so it's definitely gonna be tight inside...

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome tank!. I am going to order one now haha.. I was thinking about the 100 gallon, but eh, I cant justify the extra money, I can throw it all into the 70gallon with high end quipment. a little cheaper to manage and such. Looking forward to you getting this thing filled!.

Next question: How far from the top of the glass is the water line?

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Awesome tank!. I am going to order one now haha.. I was thinking about the 100 gallon, but eh, I cant justify the extra money, I can throw it all into the 70gallon with high end quipment. a little cheaper to manage and such. Looking forward to you getting this thing filled!.

Next question: How far from the top of the glass is the water line?

Well from the overflow box too the top I say about 1" 1/2 are 2"..

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along. Hope to order a 50G long from them soon but move the overflow to the back right corner (rectangle not trapezoid) and make the back clear starfire.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: