twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also they quoted me $200 shipped to CT (danbury).
Is this comparable to what you paid?

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Tagging along. Hope to order a 50G long from them soon but move the overflow to the back right corner (rectangle not trapezoid) and make the back clear starfire.

That would look awesome..I guess you be making a custom order? I had them cut me a 1" hole in my sump for my external pump free of change did not like the pump it came with. Well i guess if i pay for a hole setup it shouldn't be a problem..

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it will be a custom order. I want a clear back to lighten up the whole thing.
I think that with their white cabinet and 2 Aqua Illiminations Sol Blue's (fixture white)
it will look very minimalist and appealing.

1.) Is the stand sturdy? It looks like plywood with a veneer. I hope its not MDF.

2.) From what I see/ read CADLIGHTS includes the durso and return parts in the overflow box to be PVC. From the bulkhead to the sump though they use flexible tubing and clamps. I look to replace this will full PVC.
Are you doing the same?

3.) I am not using their pump opting for a Eheim 1260 instead. Do you think this is a good pairing for their 50g long?

Last edited:

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Yes it will be a custom order. I want a clear back to lighten up the whole thing.
I think that with their white cabinet and 2 Aqua Illiminations Sol Blue's (fixture white)
it will look very minimalist and appealing.

1.) Is the stand sturdy? It looks like plywood with a veneer. I hope its not MDF.

2.) From what I see/ read CADLIGHTS includes the durso and return parts in the overflow box to be PVC. From the bulkhead to the sump though they use flexible tubing and clamps. I look to replace this will full PVC.
Are you doing the same?

3.) I am not using their pump opting for a Eheim 1260 instead. .Do you think this is a good pairing for their 50g long?

Well I really don't know ? I could tell you this it weighs a ton and it sturdy I felt like I was putting together a ikea lego set ..
Yes I'm going with PVC plumbing for my drain and returns I order some ball valves and a few things I needed from BRS also this weekend I'm be starting my Aquarscaping.

Me too I purchase Panworld external pump with 1100GPH...

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thank guy I can't wait to get out of work today I'm expecting a package from Bulk reef supply today so I can start the plumbing the tank ..

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Ok guys just got home getting all my stuff together starting the plumbing of the tank tomorrow but here a few pics..
the top pic are the parts the tank came with the only think i keep is the drain pipe...The bottom pic are the new upgrade's....

Attachments

• IMAG1071.jpg
    IMAG1071.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,040
  • IMAG1074.jpg
    IMAG1074.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 969
Last edited:

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
best of luck with the plumbing savage lmk how many days hours and mins it took you =D lol

LOL...Sorry 4 taking so long but I been working long hours at work plus the wife wants her quality time so I only have the weekend for me...That the price I have to pay for my hobby addiction ...:skull:

drazel

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed! I'm about to order their 100g artisan system. Really looking to see your plumbing set up. Did it come with the durso or you bought it separate?

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Subscribed! I'm about to order their 100g artisan system. Really looking to see your plumbing set up. Did it come with the durso or you bought it separate?

It did but that the only plumbing part I'm using ..I started cutting the pipes putting in the fitting also the ball valves and the motor then I realized I forgot to buy a check valve ...That suck...:mad:

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Whats the biggest return pump you could use on the tank? Would my mag 9 be way too much?

Well I'm using the panworld 1100gph external pump I just don't want to create any additional heat in my tank ...Now as far as your Mag 9 it should not be a problem the original pump that came with the tank is rated for 900gph and it a internal pump...:)

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys just got home getting all my stuff together starting the plumbing of the tank tomorrow but here a few pics..
the top pic are the parts the tank came with the only think i keep is the drain pipe...The bottom pic are the new upgrade's....

Mind sharing the parts list from BRS that were used to accomplish going from pic 1 to pic 2?

I need to do the same exact thing!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: