savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Mind sharing the parts list from BRS that were used to accomplish going from pic 1 to pic 2?

I need to do the same exact thing!

will i kept the drain pipe as for the return pipe i used 3/4" pvc pipe with 3/4" elbow one side female threaded with 3/4" npt connector loc-line modular hose, 3/4" Y fitting , 3/4" loc-line modular hose 6 segments, 3" flare nozzle for 3/4" loc-line hose. Two 1" 80 cepex ball valve with slip and thread fitting for Panworld 50pxx external pump..

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Ok so got the George Fisher Wye check valve i wanted for BRS which some lfs don't want to name it they wanted to charge me the same price for a bull sh%$ check valve that i saw on line for $10 but back to the matter on hand i finish the plumbing? not really just missing a 3/4" ball valve for my input for the two reactors I'm purchasing one phosphate the other for bio-pellets. Started my aquascaping i know i going to change it before i fill it up also add plastic egg crates to stabilize my rocks..Next step making RO/DI water i guess about a week to fill this puppy maybe??:knockedou

Attachments

• IMAG1078.jpg
    IMAG1078.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 884
  • IMAG1079.jpg
    IMAG1079.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 886
  • IMAG1082.jpg
    IMAG1082.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 888
  • IMAG1083.jpg
    IMAG1083.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 888
  • IMAG1086.jpg
    IMAG1086.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 882
  • IMAG1087.jpg
    IMAG1087.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 891
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Savage,
I've been following your build. The tanks coming along great and really starting to look sharp. The plumbing is clean and simplified using great parts for years of trouble free running... My Question is: was your sump pre drilled (end bulkhead) for the external bulhead fitting or did you painlessly drill the glass and not break it? Your sump came with an internal pump right? If you wouldn't mind can you tell me which vendors you used for your upgrades?

I'm seriously contemplating buying CAD's new 100G reefer thats recently been released. I've been waiting a long time for a quality 100G almost lead free glass reefer and I think these boys have done it from what im reading and seeing.

I'm just another reefer junkie thats invested time and thousands of $$$$ feeding my addiction... LOL!!!! Keep the pix and posts coming there great.
Thank you for your time and the name is Sean....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Savage, just a quick thought here...
From the pic the protein skimmer looks enormous in its compartment. Is there room to add a 200 micron sock style filter to do the job? Am I wrong here? What are you going to use to polish your water? Thanks again, Sean

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Savage,
I've been following your build. The tanks coming along great and really starting to look sharp. The plumbing is clean and simplified using great parts for years of trouble free running... My Question is: was your sump pre drilled (end bulkhead) for the external bulhead fitting or did you painlessly drill the glass and not break it? Your sump came with an internal pump right? If you wouldn't mind can you tell me which vendors you used for your upgrades?

I'm seriously contemplating buying CAD's new 100G reefer thats recently been released. I've been waiting a long time for a quality 100G almost lead free glass reefer and I think these boys have done it from what im reading and seeing.

I'm just another reefer junkie thats invested time and thousands of $$$$ feeding my addiction... LOL!!!! Keep the pix and posts coming there great.
Thank you for your time and the name is Sean....

Thank man and answer to your question is yes I had the vendor per drilled a 1" hole for a bulkhead also the system came with a internal pump .. As for the upgrades I purchased all I needed from bulk reef supply....:letitallo

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Savage, just a quick thought here...
From the pic the protein skimmer looks enormous in its compartment. Is there room to add a 200 micron sock style filter to do the job? Am I wrong here? What are you going to use to polish your water? Thanks again, Sean

In my sump room is very tight in the beginning of my cycling I will use a string tide filter sock but that all I really don't like to use them nitrates magnets ..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Savage,
Thank you for the quick response i'll use the new info and check it out. I cant view the first 3 pages of threads (it's a glich on my end) here so I appologize if you answered twice... I feel the same about filter socks thats why I only use one every two weeks or so for a 24 hour period then pull it off. It just gives the water that extra " LIL POP" of clarity. I'm following your thread from here on out so please update when your able to. If you wouldn't mind when your up and running please let us know how well the redesigned skimmer performs. I'm really curious to see if its a power house or not, I hope it is...! Reading the specs from the manufacturer and real world data from someone using it are two different things... Keep up the great work, i'll be checking back weekly. Sean

twan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
savage love the tank thanks for the plumbing shopping list.
i pulled the trigger on a custom 50L from cadlights that will be here in 3 weeks.

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Savage,
Thank you for the quick response i'll use the new info and check it out. I cant view the first 3 pages of threads (it's a glich on my end) here so I appologize if you answered twice... I feel the same about filter socks thats why I only use one every two weeks or so for a 24 hour period then pull it off. It just gives the water that extra " LIL POP" of clarity. I'm following your thread from here on out so please update when your able to. If you wouldn't mind when your up and running please let us know how well the redesigned skimmer performs. I'm really curious to see if its a power house or not, I hope it is...! Reading the specs from the manufacturer and real world data from someone using it are two different things... Keep up the great work, i'll be checking back weekly. Sean

Know problem it going take me sometime to get the system up and running. Going away on company business next week still getting some little think for my RO/DI unit to make my water change easier to work with. Now as for the skimmer I'm keeping my fingers crossed..

savage

Reef for life. .
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
savage love the tank thanks for the plumbing shopping list.
i pulled the trigger on a custom 50L from cadlights that will be here in 3 weeks.

:goldfish2 Did you purchase the whole package? Cuz other than there leds and the stand the rest of there system well made... Good luck on your new reef adventures..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Savage,
I talked to Cadlights today... There going to build me a monster of a tank 60"X24"X24" Roughly 150 gallons if my math is right 60X24X24= 34,560 cubic inches 34,560X0.00433= 149.64 gallons the sump is 36 gallons alone. The tank is being built with twin overflows at the 20" and 40" marks on center so thats 1/3rds on center. I'm thinking dual filtration stand alone systems. 1 berlin and 1 refigium the berlin will hold the protein skimmer, bio and phosban reactors theres even gonna be enough room for a calcium reactor later down the road. The refugium will only have a UV light purification on it. It's going to be well populated with corals clams sps lps fish well various verts and inverts Suggestions are well appreciated... This is going to be the biggest reef tank I've owned.

I'm hoping that protein skimmer works as good as it sounds, cuz i've got one on the way as well.... Thanks Sean

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: