WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0
I been checking out this thread Will. Glad you got it filled. This is where the fun begins. GL. Tagging along.

Yea I know, took a while but I'ma drain it and put a different sand, I'm not feeling the sand I got so this Friday my new sand comes in, I'll just switch it out and fill it right back up, I'm kinda anal with this build lol

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
What dont you like about the sand? I too dont like my current sand cause its too fine and any moving it cause the tank to cloud. I got a bag of larger grain from petco and thiking of mixing it in. Im hoping that with time some of the fine sand grains clump together a little and some of the others get filtered out. Dont want to remove the whole bed.

WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0
What dont you like about the sand? I too dont like my current sand cause its too fine and any moving it cause the tank to cloud. I got a bag of larger grain from petco and thiking of mixing it in. Im hoping that with time some of the fine sand grains clump together a little and some of the others get filtered out. Dont want to remove the whole bed.

The sand I got I got it from another member, its not bad sand but I wanna start new. U can add the more grainy sand over ur current sand but the finer sand will eventually make it's way back to the top

WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0

Btw what kinda sand did u get from petco?

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
I lived in glendale and was raised in Ridgewood. Now Maspeth. Its good, never have alternate side parking. :0) Much cleaner and quieter. Moving to Arverne where they building new comunities by the beach. That why im looking for tank threads cause im looking to build my last and final (yea right) dream tank there.

WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Loving the build Will, especially the rock work! Can't wait to see it timing with life......:approve:

I lived in glendale and was raised in Ridgewood. Now Maspeth. Its good, never have alternate side parking. :0) Much cleaner and quieter. Moving to Arverne where they building new comunities by the beach. That why im looking for tank threads cause im looking to build my last and final (yea right) dream tank there.

You moving to the Rock?

WilFresco

Master Debator
Rating - 97.8%
88   2   0
Tank had been cycling for about a week now, still working on getting my lights

457a4742-3604-1a2e.jpg

457a4742-360f-8dfc.jpg

457a4742-3622-225e.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: