MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
For a return pump the Mag pumps are not as efficient or quiet as other pumps.
They are sturdy and serve a purpose but there are many other pumps out there that are much better.
Danner Mag drive pumps also have exposed metal parts. I just dont bother with them.

Ugh...fml...looks like I will be returning it. It feels like I'm never going to get this thing up and running at this point. Realized last night that I didn't have all the pvc parts that I need as well and realized it when I went to go "play" with it during a homework break.

So any suggestion on pumps? And one that is still strong enough to be able to plumb both of my reactors inline as planned? A friend recommended an eheim, but which model would be sufficient?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Awww...thank you. That's Big Boy, my #1 son, but don't tell my 2 legged children I said that. He's a old man at 5, have had him since he was 6 weeks. Big Boy is the best dog I've ever had/known, etc. He has the best personality, except that he hates other dogs. :( He loves cats though. o_O The cat in my old avi is Mr. Bigglesworth, my other 4 legged baby. You can't see it in the pic but Big Boy's other ear is solid tan. He has 1 sky blue eye and 1 light brown eye. He is my pride and joy, even more than my reefs and I'm proud to say it.

Your welcome! He is very handsome.:) Our pitties are the same with strange dogs & cats, but are fine with each other & the house cats..

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Forgot to mention that since the tank will be in my bedroom and next to my bed and having a significant other that's beginning to dislike my hobby more and more...quiet and stealth is of the utmost importance...lol...I need a "ninjaish" setup...so any and all suggestions/revisions are welcome.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Your welcome! He is very handsome.:) Our pitties are the same with strange dogs & cats, but are fine with each other & the house cats..

When I rescued Mr. Bigglesworth he was small enough to fit in the palm of my hands, Big Boy was about 3 months and it was love at first sight...they're inseparable...I always find them curled up together. The cat will be in the dog bed and the dog will be in the floor. The cat acts more like a dog than he does a cat. He drinks out of the dogs water bucket and has a dog size food bowl...he hates cat sized food and water bowls and would always knock them over and make a mess. He likes to lay in his food bowl while he eats. Big Boy hates dogs b/c he was attacked by some ignorant owners' loose pugs and poms when he was a tiny puppy...so ever since he goes from teddy bear to Cujo. Nothing has worked in trying to curb that behavior, unfortunately.

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Pics or it don't exist..... Lol

:eek::Yikes: I spy a hater in the midst...lol...jk...I will I promise...I have parental duties and homework to do first...one day I aspire to have maids/nanny's do all of my Mommy duties (the cooking/cleaning/grocery shopping/helping w/ homework/walking the dog, etc.) so that I can spend all of my spare time reefing...let's face it...It's a lot more fun. :sgrin:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
So excited...just won a NESTLE 2200 IV/Enteral Pump for 2 part dosing (it's a single doser but I ordered special tubing so that I can use it for calc & alk) on ebay for only $51...I think it was a STEAL...I'm getting mooooore and moooore excited the closer this is to coming together...

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Sick of waiting on this build after having to delay it due to hurting my back ...got pissed off last night and started building/plumbing/piecing together everything.

I decided to just use the metal stand that I had v.s. the crappy wooden stand...just gonna toss it. Didn't trust the stability and out of patience. My small tanks are overgrown with coral and this sucka has to cycle so that I can start transferring corals out of those tanks.

So I'm almost finished plumbing...just need a couple more pvc elbows. Grrrr...there's always something missing right when you're in the middle of a setup. :letitallo:mad:

Also, had to scrap the 30g sump b/c it wouldn't fit under the stand...plus it only had 2 sections and the baffle/silicon job was craptastic. Seriously out of patience and do noT feel like diy'ing one. Had to find something 30in. or less. Wanted larger than a 20g long for a sump b/c I want a display fuge with some nice macros. So...I found this Eshopps acrylic "R-200." Anyone use one of these? It says the skimmer section is 10" deep and should hold my bubble magus nac3, which requires 9-10". Since it's a metal stand and the sump/fuge area will be open and view-able I want everything under there as clean as possible.

Here's a link to one on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAP...ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_2597wt_832

For my ato reservoir, it will be a 10g tank sitting inside the enclosed wooden stand next to my 40b that my 5.5g's sit on.

So besides the sump/fuge/pvc elbows the only other thing I will be adding is a few more pounds of live rock...debating on whether to just get dry rock from BRS...I'm pretty much set on corals between the 3 other tanks I have running to choose/frag from. Except only the good sh*t will be going into this tank! :cool: I have a 10g QT setup/cycled and running for frags that I purchase from the swap and an adorable pink frag cooler/carrier. :flirt::teeth:

In the meantime...I have more NSW mixing...yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah boooooooy!

Thoughts/ideas?

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Smh...lol...only addicted to reefing...not reefers...

No pics of the tank yet...water was cloudy as hell when I left for work and didn't fill completely due to not finishing plumbing/sump...just sand/water...no scaping yet...need more rock...once water is clear and I finish plumbing/sump...will add pics...for now...it's just a standard 40breeder w/ this stand:
http://www.petco.com/product/109068/Petco-Manhattan-Metal-Tank-Stand.aspx

Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Not addicted to reefers ...yep she's taken...
Good luck with tank...

[/B]
Smh...lol...only addicted to reefing...not reefers...

No pics of the tank yet...water was cloudy as hell when I left for work and didn't fill completely due to not finishing plumbing/sump...just sand/water...no scaping yet...need more rock...once water is clear and I finish plumbing/sump...will add pics...for now...it's just a standard 40breeder w/ this stand:
http://www.petco.com/product/109068/Petco-Manhattan-Metal-Tank-Stand.aspx

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Not addicted to reefers ...yep she's taken...
Good luck with tank...

[/B]

Yes...lol...I'm taken...but I might just cycle my tank with him b/c he was talking trash as I was plumbing the tank asking me to pose with my tools and being a complete asshat...so I told him that I'd put him in the tank and not to worry if he floats that I'd be nice enough to weigh him down with live rock...:banghead:

Thanks for the well wishes...this tank has been a long time coming...

MUST NEED MORE SPACE FOR MORE CORAL...In my angry woman voice...

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
hahaha i was only kidden... Ur taking a long time over here to. but its all gonna happen soon, real soon I PROMISE...

ohhh woops i got more stuff coming tom. :eek: :lol2:

I know...lol...so was I. Seriously though...hurt my back and didn't have a choice in the delay. :(:grumpy: I take it you guys found a house?

Damn you're worse than I am...every time I order something my boyfriend gives me the standard "What'd you buy this time?" smdh Then I proceed to tell him to kick rocks...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i just dont tell her what i buy its easier that way and she doesnt bother me :biggrin:. yes we found a house and we are closing the 18th hopefully. getting married on saturday so my nerves are shot and everything else we are getting bombarded with. thankgod the wedding is payed off :biggrin:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
i just dont tell her what i buy its easier that way and she doesnt bother me :biggrin:. yes we found a house and we are closing the 18th hopefully. getting married on saturday so my nerves are shot and everything else we are getting bombarded with. thankgod the wedding is payed off :biggrin:

Yay...congrats on the house and the wedding. Been there done that (marriage) but with the wrong person...got rid of him...never again. Don't be nervous...I mean...you proposed so she's gotta be something special, right? Good luck...hell at least she's not one of those that says no to a tank build...my ex literally hated it when I had 1 tank in the house...he'd sh*t a brick if saw that I had 7 now. 2 fresh planted 4 reefs and a frag tank :shhh::sgrin:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: