MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
They're Ummm...small holding/collecting tanks for the big build though. And yeah...I figured that out and waited 10 yrs to leave.

On a serious note...thoughts on that sump I am considering purchasing?

Last edited:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
OMG...I'm so excited! I ordered the Eshopps R-200 sump/fuge from one of my two go-to lfs's that I decided last minute to stop into on my way home! They were so freakin awesome that they special ordered and BEAT the online price and it'll be here Saturday! Then to top it off I found a freakin piece of live rock that is a show stopper! It has 2 amazing ledges for clams. I even received some money today that I wasn't even expecting...only $300 bucks but hey it paid for my sump and 2 nice pieces of live rock. Plus, my 8 yr old son's teacher called to say that my son was picked for student of the month. And all of this right before mother's day! Woohoo! I should go play lotto. Ok...I will shut up now and go play with my tanks...:splitspin:biggrin:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Ugh...I'm so f'n pissed...my weekend has been blown...literally about to leave my house to go pick up my sump that was supposed to be delivered today and something said to call first...only to get some b.s. story that it was on backorder so they sent them the Eshopps R-100 instead...I didn't order nor do I want the smaller version...I want what I ordered...what I was told was available and what I already prepaid for. This completely f'd up my mother's day weekend...I was literally going to toss it in and finish the plumbing and the build would've been completely finished today...not next f'n week...even had the extra sand for the fuge and all the extra water mixing. FML never again...I'll stick with buying from known sources so that I will get what I want when I want it...:screama::letitallo:mad::banghead:

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My baby as he sits waiting on the sump and for the plumbing to be finished...sigh...what a lousy Mother's Day gift this turned out to be...

IMAG0658.jpg

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
I just did my 57 in 7 hrs , and i told you to get me the measurements for your baffles and i will cut them and drop em off at your house or your job for ya , what is taking you soooooooooooo long!,!, jk figured i would bug u now cause i am done!! Lolol meathead lol

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I just did my 57 in 7 hrs , and i told you to get me the measurements for your baffles and i will cut them and drop em off at your house or your job for ya , what is taking you soooooooooooo long!,!, jk figured i would bug u now cause i am done!! Lolol meathead lol

Listen here sausage fingers...lmao...I ended up using the metal stand instead of the crappy wooden stand and the 30g didn't fit under this stand...only have 30" to work with...so as I was about to order the Eshopps R-200 online which would've arrived by yesterday...I was told by an lfs that they would have it here by yesterday...the ass clown lied...apparently it is on backorder and will not arrive til next Fri/Sat. I prepaid b/c he offered better than a price match...actually beat the online price...so I'm stuck in a waiting game until it arrives. I'm beyond pissed...did you not read my rant above? It completely blew my f'n weekend. :'( It's all I wanted for Mother's Day...I mean the kid's are happy, healthy, cared for and fed...I just wanted my tank fully functional...smfh...just angry...:fishhit::banghead:

ecchybridLE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
All that does suck a bit , but If u have salt water in there , a heater and a pump for circulation and some live rock your tank is cycling! U can get the salinity right and get the tank filled to the top. Put some food in there and let the bacteria grow in the sand and what have ya. The when the sumo is here , finish it off. Happy mothers day anyhow!

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
All that does suck a bit , but If u have salt water in there , a heater and a pump for circulation and some live rock your tank is cycling! U can get the salinity right and get the tank filled to the top. Put some food in there and let the bacteria grow in the sand and what have ya. The when the sumo is here , finish it off. Happy mothers day anyhow!

Thanks...can't fill it up all the way b/c I haven't finished plumbing and the tank's drilled...don't wanna flood the floor...but there is saltwater in there...salinity is 1.026...taken w/ refractometer. So some type of cycle is started and I do have the rest of the water mixing already for when the sump arrives.

As a Mom...this hobby is the one thing I have/do for me for stress relief/relaxation...so I'm just extra frustrated that this build has taken soooo long and has had so many roadblocks/bumps along the way. Plus...you know us (women)...lol...we get kinda b*tchy when we don't get our way...so I will be kinda cranky until my sump arrives...lmao

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Ok water head , but if you would have used a 29 gallOn deep blue which is 30 inches I could have made the baffles and Put it together for ya !!! , and you know I don't have sausage fingers lol thats jusT creepy!

Are you sure you're not my long lost kid brother? You d-bag. Lmao. Seriously...could've bought the 29 but I just got pissed and tired of waiting on the build and took action and it bit me in the ass in the form of another delay. So there you have it, gutter burger...

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Omg...not reef related but I just received a letter from my other son's teacher...both of my boy's 8 and 9 yr old's are receiving the student of the month awards this week and it's a surprise...so since I couldn't share the news with them...I had to tell someone...sorry...proud mommy moment... :)

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My clown's and RBTA in their holding tank until this tank is ready...there are 10 3x1w GU10 LED'S that have been over this 5.5g holding the nem since march and the nem hasn't moved from that spot on the rock since it was purchased...for those that don't believe that GU10's can successfully support a nem...

DSCF1215.jpg

DSCF1214.jpg

DSCF1213.jpg

DSCF1212.jpg

DSCF1209.jpg

Trumpets splitting...

DSCF1207.jpg

DSCF1204-1.jpg

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Since the 40B that I had cracked about an inch from the bulkhead the first time that I plugged the return pump in I had to basically start over. Ordered a new deep blue 40B, put in a order to have the pieces of acrylic cut to make an overflow box and will be drilling this tank from the bottom and the overflow placed in the center of the back wall. Have to redo the plumbing too. A couple friend's are gonna be helping me with it this weekend b/c I only have Sat./Sun. to complete everything. Gotta have it up and running by Sunday night...filled w/ water and LR by Monday. I put water, live rock and everything into a spare standard 30g in the meantime and am running an Aquaclear on the tank. Sand in a 5g bucked and a powerhead in the sump to keep water circulation in the meantime. So it looks like I'll be starting the cycle all over again. I got raped on the cost of the acrylic that we ordered for the overflow box...$46 for One piece 10 ?? x 15 ?? & Two pieces 4? x 15 ?? smdh. Oh well...this has to get done this weekend...it won't even come with the teeth cut into it...fml Looking forward to getting my baby up and running and all in one piece this time...fingers crossed...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: