Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hey guys, I have been meaning to post pics of my setup and I finally got around to doing so :teeth:

<o =""></o>
I started to get my feet wet in this hobby about 2 years ago when I turned my former 135g freshwater tank into a SW FO tank. It was only a matter of time until I upgraded to a reef which I made the step to about 4 months ago :biggrin:

<o =""></o>
For those interested here is a pic of my FO in its very early days (what was I thinking :smash: )

Z.jpg

<o =""></o>
Now here are the current specs of my system:
<o =""></o>
135g Glass Tank (about 12 years old)
2 Americle External Overflows
2 39g AGA tanks for sump system (one for fuge the other for skimmer and return)
5 72” VHO Bulbs
2 IceCap 660 Ballasts
Single Beckett MR-3 Skimmer run by PCX-55 Pump
57w AquaUV Sterilizer
2 PhosBan reactors (one for RowaPhos the other for Carbon)
1 Seio 1500
1 Tunze 6000 w/controller
<o =""></o>
I think that about does it for equipment, I am sure I am leaving stuff out so I will update if needed.
<o =""></o>
Fish
Clarkii Clown (only original fish still in the system)
6 Lyretail Anthias (1 Male 5 Females)
Solar Fairy Wrasse
Sailfin Tang (QT)
Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse (QT)
Carpenter’s Flasher Wrasse (QT)
Hector’s Goby (QT)
<o =""></o>
As for corals I started out with mostly LPS and zoo’s but have slowly started to add some softies and SPS. My plan is to cover that white fake coral in the middle of my tank with zoo’s so its not as much of an eye sore :eek1:

<o =""></o>
Anyhoo, now onto the pics:

<o =""></o><o =""></o><o =""></o><o =""></o><o =""></o>
A.jpg

C.jpg

D.jpg

<o =""></o>
E.jpg

Last edited:

Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
And here are a few of my QT tank that is currently home to 4 fish (Sailfin Tang, Ping Margin Fairy Wrasse, Carpenter’s Flasher Wrasse and a Hectors Goby)
<o:p> </o:p>
S.jpg

T.jpg

U.jpg

Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks guys for the kind words :)

I went through a battle with HA over the past month or so but it has started to go away since I cut the photo period and did a few 55g water changes. I also recently changed my salt from IO to Seachem Reef Salt and I have been very happy with it.

House of Laughter said:
Nice Wrasse
:)

Thanks House, I wonder where I got him from :scratchch

Thanks again!
-Chris

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Chris,

the tank looks good so far. major props on the qt, and your dual sump set up is interesting. I think if you glue that sea whip in the sand to a rock it will encrust over it. also I would not glue any frags to the fake coral, just get rid of it. it will always be algae covered, find a nice piece of live rock to go there :)

Falco

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
jhale said:
the tank looks good so far. major props on the qt, and your dual sump set up is interesting.

The dual sump setup is because I couldn't remove the plywood divider that splits the bottom of the tank because it holds up the cabinet doors. So instead of redoing the cabinets I decided to break up the tanks. So far it has worked awsome, I was worried about flow between the 2 but with 2" pipe connecting the two it has more than enough flow through.

jhale said:
I think if you glue that sea whip in the sand to a rock it will encrust over it. also I would not glue any frags to the fake coral, just get rid of it. it will always be algae covered, find a nice piece of live rock to go there :)

The sea whip is actually on a small piece of LR and was one of the first additions to the tank. Now that I have add some other corals I might move it up to the rock and have it hang sideways instead of stading up.

And as for the fake coral, I kind of like it but your right about the algea, its always covered :mad: I might rethink the zoo idea if I can figure out a new idea for the area as I want to keep the island idea going and not just have a blob of rocks. :)

Thanks again everyone!!!

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
wow I did not realize the sumps were connected, that's cool.
great way to work around that problem.

how about just leaving the middle of the tank open for the fish to swim :D

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: