Rating - 100%
346   0   0
My favorite. DENDRO! :)

IMG_3085_zps840b35e6.jpg

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
I jump on the new ATI hybrid....gotta say that i love the light. It is so bright and perfect coverage for my 30 inch width thank. Couldn't be happier, but the wait for preorder was crazy. This will my final light upgrade, that's it.

I want to thank Reefoman/Mark for making this happen. He preordered the fixtured and delivered. He dropped off the fixture to me TWICE, because it came damage. He toke it home and reached out to the manufacture. He offer me with new replacement or full discount the manufacture was giving him and redelivered the next day. Great communication and full transparence. Highly recommend Mark.

Programming from the ballast takes some work but not bad. However this fixture also comes with a USB cable but a little short. ATI has a software that you can use to program your light and it's pretty simply.

Below is a video of the light with led on only, as the t5 was kill the top down view, too much glare that i can't even capture the view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo0zjC01Y6c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Lee, I only used the hybrid ATI led for less than two week so it's hard to tell now. But I can tell you the t5 is better for my coral growth that is for sure. I switch from the Radion to regular ATI t5, my alk was dropping like crazy. While I was using Radion, I was hardly dosing. Color wise on the light itself, the ATI led hybrid is aswsome. Can make very nice combination of color, shimmer, and probably more par than a Radion, not sure about the pro as I never try that. Since I love the hybrid, I sold my regular ATI t5.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
Just saw this thread for the first time, NICE TANK!!

Why did you switch to T5s?

Thanks Pierce! wow, you still around. That means a lot coming from you.

I started this tank with Radion, i was using 3 radion but i feel the light is not strong enough and i need more coverage.....and growth is just okay for me. So tried the ATI T5 only and i actually see growths but it lacks the night view for me, so i went with the ATI T5 hybrid...led/t5. This lights is really bright. Awsome looking fixture, w/led so there is no need to add stunner strip which is the beauty of it. Nice clean look.

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0

I started this tank with Radion, i was using 3 radion but i feel the light is not strong enough and i need more coverage.....and growth is just okay for me. So tried the ATI T5 only and i actually see growths but it lacks the night view for me, so i went with the ATI T5 hybrid...led/t5. This lights is really bright. Awsome looking fixture, w/led so there is no need to add stunner strip which is the beauty of it. Nice clean look.
And a endless color combination if you chosose to play with it. Its the best fixture i've ever owned because of everything it can do and how they incorporated the led with the t5's.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0

Yes, I am still around. Just got my 225g angel fish with SPS tank last week is looking for some lighting ideas.

Is the LEDs on the new ATI strong enough to provide shimmer?? I bought 4 AI Sol Blues and plan to use them on my new tank, maybe adding four 4foot T5 bulbs with dimming ballast to them. I don't like 5 foot T5 bulbs and the idea of running 8-10 four feet long T5 bulbs and still have the two ends not fully lit don't seems smart for my 6 foot long tank.

samksy

FISHING, I'M IN!!!!
Rating - 100%
346   0   0
And a endless color combination if you chosose to play with it. Its the best fixture i've ever owned because of everything it can do and how they incorporated the led with the t5's.

agree, and several nice preset colors. The USB cable makes life easier and the manual control is a plus, which Radion didn't have.

Yes, I am still around. Just got my 225g angel fish with SPS tank last week is looking for some lighting ideas.

Is the LEDs on the new ATI strong enough to provide shimmer?? I bought 4 AI Sol Blues and plan to use them on my new tank, maybe adding four 4foot T5 bulbs with dimming ballast to them. I don't like 5 foot T5 bulbs and the idea of running 8-10 four feet long T5 bulbs and still have the two ends not fully lit don't seems smart for my 6 foot long tank.

Good for you, will be looking out for your tank thread.

Yes, the led are super bright, you get lots of shimmer with leds on only, i don't remember the intensity of the shimmer when all the lights are on though, probably some. I thought my video capture the shimmer, just play back my video, damn it looks like crap....lol! no more iphone video.

Are you using a canopy? When i was using 3 radion w/o canopy with 3 lights hanging, it looks like crap and the wires hanging down. If you go with ATI 60" version, you can add 2x24" t5 retro kit on the left and right to fill up the coverage (vertically) if using a canopy.

btw, my friend had 3 AI vega, it's probably stronger, with 4 t5 retro kit.....he can't blast the vega over 20% white if i remember correctly, it's bleaching his corals.....hahahha!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: