nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
I'll post some pics tonight. Just to set expectations on my sump, it sucks hahaha but it does the job for me.

The sump is a 10g tank, no baffles. I have one filter sock on the drain and another on the drain for the skimmer. I get almost 0 micro bubbles going to the main tank, the filter socks do a very good job at trapping them. The skimmer pump leaks bubbles and that's where the micro bubbles that make it up to the tank come from.

Skimmer is amazing. It's oversized for the tank and really helping to keep things clean. I know a couple people were selling them rather cheap. Euroreefs were the skimmer to go with back in the day and for me it's still doing a great job.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Possibly my new favorite piece. Can't wait til this thing colors up. Blue tips, green body, gold polyps.

IMG_6633.jpg

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Haha for sure.

On a sad note, 5 of my 6 fish have died over the past 7 days. Nothing visibly wrong with them, so I'm assuming it something internal.

They eat up until the day before they die. If my last fish doesn't make it, I'm going to keep the tank fishless for 3-4 months, set up a QT in that time and then QT any fish going into the tank.

I'm also thinking it may just make sense to set up the QT and QT my last fish now, and keep him there for the 3-4 months while the display tank remains fishless.

What do you guys think?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Haha for sure.

On a sad note, 5 of my 6 fish have died over the past 7 days. Nothing visibly wrong with them, so I'm assuming it something internal.

They eat up until the day before they die. If my last fish doesn't make it, I'm going to keep the tank fishless for 3-4 months, set up a QT in that time and then QT any fish going into the tank.

I'm also thinking it may just make sense to set up the QT and QT my last fish now, and keep him there for the 3-4 months while the display tank remains fishless.

What do you guys think?

Sorry to hear Kris :(

Yes, something must be wrong to lose that many fish is such a short period of time. I agree that you should remove the last fish and get him into a QT tank and go fishless for a good solid 3 months.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Picked up another abro, by far one of the nicest pieces in my tank and it really does look just like the pic! First time I've seen an abro in this color, not even google has it haha It's gonna look amazing when it's grown out.

Got it from Kenny (Pieces of the Ocean)...hope you don't mind me using your pic :eek:

attachment.php

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: