rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nikon D50 is a great starter camera. I took most of these images with the nikkor 60mm micro. A fantastic macro lens imho.

feeme2.jpg

zoo1.jpg

zoo2.jpg

Regards

RFC

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
whao momma.....i gotsta get me a professional camera...no more clubber cam canon sd400
The pics are truly amazin RFC, keep us posted with your tank man

rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another update. Stil taking it slow and easy. I added a really nice hot pink ricordea the other day and I lost one of my clowns. I am also starting to document some of the hitchhikers in the tank.

Here are some new pics.

DSC_8698actinics.jpg

ric3.jpg

ric%204.jpg

unkjune.jpg

unk%20june%202.jpg

DSC_8789ps.jpg

And the journey continues....

Regards

RFC

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Some1 is showing off,lol

Great shots Great tank ,Nice entrance too Welcome aboard
you came to the right place with your corals and camera skills ,we are all
camera.gif
happy here

Just sweet

Ronen

rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update since my last entry. I recently added another 65wpc bulb to my current usa orbit to give me 195w total. I did this because I purchased a crocea clam which is doing great thus far after a month. After the first week, the colors of a number of my corals perked up.

Other changes:

- My cleaner shrimp hit the bucket after 5 months. It died during its normal molting cycle.

- my pink ricordea hit the bucket. Not sure why, it slowly wasted away after a couple of weeks

- Added a crocea clam as noted above

- Added a firefish. All is does is hide under a rock until feeding time. Kinda of pisses me off !

- Added a small devils hand leather, red mushroom and a brown hammer coral

Sooner or later Im going to try everyones recommendations on a montipora sps :)

My tank at its 5 month aniv.
aug%2018%20full%20tank%20large.jpg

29G. 195W PC lighting, 45lbs LR, 30lbs aragonite, 15G sump, CLS 65 skimmer, lifereef overflow, mag 5 return, fluval 205, rodi setup

Regards

RFC

Last edited:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Hey RFC great pics as usual.

Putting two and two together... I think the reason both your Ricordia and Cleaner shrimp died is becuase of you iodine levels. It's prolly very low. Might want to check that out...

Great work so far tho :)
Awesome how everything still looks so clean!

Last edited:
S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Those are some very nice looking shots. Very clean looking tank. I can just imagine what your gallery looks like.

rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

Here is yet another monthly update on my 29g reef experiment

Decided to build a canopy and it only took two tries. The first one was bulky and heavy and the paranoid part of my personality was afraid it would cause problems. On the second try, I used a lightweight space frame and then nailed on some thin oak panels and moldings. With the amount of money spent on tools, and supplies, I probably could have paid someone to do a better job than I did. I am still using my PC lighting setup.

Other changes to the tank......

-replaced the mag 5 return with a mag7 pump. I wanted more flow and didn't want to add another powerhead to the already small tank. I know, a PH would be better but esthetic's concerns took over.

- purchased another cleaner shrimp which disappeared after 9 days. I looked all over the tank and floor and it was gone......maybe into the twilight zone

- added a green closed brain

- added a small porite frag I cut off a mushroom rock

- added a watchman goby. He eats like a pig

- added a couple of green ricordeas mushrooms

- lost 4 conehead snails. I found them on 'their backs' . I guess they fell over and died off.

I am starting to wonder if there is something unknown in the tank that might be killing off my snails and cleaner shrimp. Time will tell.

After 6 months all I can say....its been an expensive blast ! One more thing, one of my silly clowns has decided to host my candy cane. Here are some recent pics.

October%201st.jpg

sept.jpg

DSC_4418ps.jpg

DSC_4495PS.jpg

DSC_4503pss.jpg

porites.jpg

DSC_4688ps.jpg

Regards

RFC

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Wow, you've done a fantastic job. Your canopy and stand also look much better then my last attempt at doing the same. :) I like the use of molding, nice touch. Keep those updates coming!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Your tank is really looking great. I'd say your 'experiment' is working ;)
FYI, the clown hosting in your cc is not optimal. The odds are it will irritate it to the point of not opening and eventually dying off. If you don't want an anemone, euphyllia sp. sometimes works as hosts. Mine host in either my torch or wall hammer (they go back and forth). They lay their eggs on the wall hammer. They are known to irritate the euphyllia's also, but the polyps on them are more conducive to the clowns natural hosting in an anemone.

GL
swimmer

rfc

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys for the compliments. Masterswimmer.....what anemone would you recommend? Remember I only have 195watts of pc lighting.

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If you get snails with brown operculums (the part that you can see when they go inside the shell) they will be able to flip themselves over = no more dead snails in the sand :) If your snails have white operculums, they will not be able to flip and if you see them upside down, you will have to help them turn over.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: