fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
figured it was time for some updated photos. enjoy the growth pics! tank is just shy of 6mo old at this point.

IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

FTS 10/23/12
IMG_0088.JPG

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just picked up the same exact system today in Black! Anything I should know before I set it up ? Your system.looks.awesome btw.

Thanks!

Looking forward to seeing yours! Setup was straight forward. At the moment, can't think of anything that you should be aware of. It's been running for 6.5mo now and have no regrets.

pbjelly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Your tank looks great.
I've been looking at these for a few months and I'm wondering how happy you are with the sump design? Is there enough room to add anything else in there? An extra pump for a chiller, or a reactor? Is there any room for stuff - like supplies or food?

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Your tank looks great.
I've been looking at these for a few months and I'm wondering how happy you are with the sump design? Is there enough room to add anything else in there? An extra pump for a chiller, or a reactor? Is there any room for stuff - like supplies or food?

I do wish they had a shelf in the stand above the sump to hold supplies or whatnot but if you're good at DIY then you can do yourself. the sump takes up the entire available footprint in the stand. the baffle is adjustable so you can place it wherever. I currently have the filter sock w/ holder, skimmer and heater in the main chamber then the return and live rock in the other chamber. plenty of room for those items. not sure how large the pumps are for a chiller or reactor but you should have room for one or all of them.

here's a photo of what the sump looks like with all the equipment I mentioned above:
photo.jpg

pbjelly

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Thanks for the pic. It is tight in there...
I've got an Apex Jr., ATO, Aqualifter and supplies hidden in my little BC14 stand. Looking at that picture, I realize that I'd have to think really carefully about where to put everything.
Still, that tank (and what you've done with it) is sweet...

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
thanks. i do wish the stand had some sort of room for an ATO reservoir. my osmolator collects dust until i set it up for when i'm away on vacation with a 5gal homer bucket. quite an eye sore when not on vacation though so i manually top off.

JT4

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fifty50. I joined here even though I am not in your area so I could post to this thread. I have searched around and have not turned up much regarding people that actually have this this tank setup. I am looking to buy one and have a few questions. My biggest question is how happy are you with the overflow system and is it fairly quiet? I plan to keep it in my bedroom and although I don't need absolute quiet in my room but I don't want to be excessive. I will not likely buy the Reef Octopus cabinet. I think for the same or less money I can get an better one made. I already purchase a Maxspect Razor LED light fixture for this setup. Thanks.

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi fifty50. I joined here even though I am not in your area so I could post to this thread. I have searched around and have not turned up much regarding people that actually have this this tank setup. I am looking to buy one and have a few questions. My biggest question is how happy are you with the overflow system and is it fairly quiet? I plan to keep it in my bedroom and although I don't need absolute quiet in my room but I don't want to be excessive. I will not likely buy the Reef Octopus cabinet. I think for the same or less money I can get an better one made. I already purchase a Maxspect Razor LED light fixture for this setup. Thanks.

Thanks for joining just to post to my thread! I like this tank and don't have any regrets. Overflow is quiet enough. The hum of the return pump I notice more than the sound of the overflow. Tank is quiet overall though as it's located in the hallway just outside the bedroom.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions!

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
it's been a damn long time since i've posted photos of the tank. it continues to do well. since the last update i've added new frags as well from local frag swaps. starting to run out of space!

here are a few quick iPhone photos from left to right..

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

better photos to come in the near future. put an order in to finally add some more fish to the tank. also some berghia nudibranch to take care of the aiptasia that are starting to come back!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: