fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Current FTS 5/27/12
IMG_0126.JPG

===================================

Equipment:
4x24w T5HO (2 AB Special, 1 Blue+, 1 Purple Plus)
Vortech MP10es
Eheim 3000 Compact
EuroReef RS80 Skimmer
Apex Jr w/ EB8

Filtration:
~25lb of BRS Eco Saver Rock in display
few lb's of LR rubble in the sump
~10lb(?) CaribSea Arag-Alive Special Grade Reef Sand
Filter sock

Notable Livestock:
Pair of Black Ice Clownfish
ORA Tri color Valida
ORA Plum Crazy
Tyree Pink Lemonade
ORA Red Planet
Birds of paradise
ORA PearlBerry
Garf Purple Bonsai
Aussie Yellow Acro
Jesus Stag
Aussie Pink Acro
Tyree Seasons Greetings Monti
Misc Zoa's
Hammer Coral

===================================

upgrading my ADA 60P to the new Reef Octopus T-60 'luxury' tank. I ordered the 32g display tank, overflow system, cabinet and sump.

started setting up the tank yesterday, 4/28 and this morning started transferring the ADA's inhabitants. I started fresh in the Reef Octopus tank with dry rock and a larger grain live sand. Live rock from the ADA will go in the Reef Octopus tank for a few weeks to help seed the dry rock. Will also keep rubble in the sump for added filtration.

Equipment:
Reef Octopus 32g Tank w/ sump
4x24w T5HO (2 AB Special, 1 Blue+, 1 Purple Plus)
Vortech MP10es
Eheim 3000 Compact
EuroReef RS80 Skimmer
Apex Jr w/ EB8

The RS80 I had leftover from a previous tank I had a few years ago. Gave it a good vinegar bath and hoping it's good to go!

Last edited:

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tank setup progress pics..

equipment delivered:
IMG_0594.jpg

sump:
Image+2.jpg

overflow system:
Image+4.jpg

leak testing:
Image+1.jpg

aquascaped. I usually hate this part but it didn't take long to get one that I like. has a tall pillar on the left, small one on the left, and a lil rock island in the front. plenty of swimming space and space for coral!
Image+2.jpg

IMG_0072.JPG

That's it for pics for now. Like I said, I'll be putting LR from the ADA in the tank to help seed the dry rock so it will be fugly for a few weeks, but it should payoff!

Comments/critiques are welcome!

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
thank you both! currently transferring frags from LR from the ADA to frag plugs to put in the new tank. SPS is easy, but zoanthids are tough to remove from LR!

sunny, don't worry, the frags I got from you earlier this year I kept on plugs because I knew I was upgrading!

sunny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
thank you both! currently transferring frags from LR from the ADA to frag plugs to put in the new tank. SPS is easy, but zoanthids are tough to remove from LR!

sunny, don't worry, the frags I got from you earlier this year I kept on plugs because I knew I was upgrading!

No worries sir. LMK when you are ready for more :)

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All done. Ended up taking a hammer and screw driver to break off the rock that had the zoanthida. Everything in the new tank since early this afternoon and looking happy! Will start the skimmer tomorrow. Too lazy to set it up today.

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tank is all setup and all inhabitants were transferred yesterday. Everything still looking good. Today I setup the skimmer and cleaned up all the cables and mounted the apex jr and eb8. Cabinet doors now on the stand now that I can close it and not have wires coming out of the front!

the guts:
Image.jpg

the full setup. excuse the dirty looking display.
Image%201.jpg

enjoy!

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
CUC was put in the tank last night. big thanks to John at reefcleaners.org! second time ordering from them and still a pleasure!

tank is 2wk's old this weekend! I plan to take all the coral off the plugs and start mounting to LR. everything still looking good. also decided to run without filter socks. swapping them out every other day I knew would get old real quick. then to get the evil eye from the wife when I go to wash them in the washing machine! no thanks. no filter sock it is! just more for the skimmer.

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Photo updates! Some coral glued to rock in the tank. Removed some LR from the old tank and still have some more in there as you can see from the photos below. Will give it another 2-3wk's before I eventually remove it as well.

Only other update is that I checked levels before/after a water change and Ca/Alk/Mg a tad low so will start dosing B-Ionic 2Part this week.

SPS with a bit of algae and bubbles on the rock:
IMG_0096.JPG

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

IMG_0106.JPG

IMG_0108.JPG

left side:
IMG_0113.JPG

right side:
IMG_0109.JPG

FTS 5/13 middle LR to be removed eventually:
IMG_0083.JPG

full profile (excuse my wife's bag in the photo!):
IMG_0115.jpg

Thanks for looking!

fifty50

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1mo anniversary photos! This includes a bunch of new SPS that I picked up this morning from sunny on here.

Tyree Seasons Greetings Monti:
IMG_0129.JPG

Top down of the monti and bird of paradise:
IMG_0151.JPG

ORA Red Planet and ORA Tri Color Valida in background:
IMG_0155.JPG

I believe this is the ORA Plum Crazy and all the newbies in the background:
IMG_0156.jpg

Close up of what I believe to be the ORA Plum Crazy:
IMG_0163.JPG

stag:
IMG_0164.JPG

Garf Purple Bonsai in focus (I think this is my new favorite in the tank):
IMG_0176.JPG

Garf Purple Bonsai, Aussie Yellow Acro, Aussie Pink Acro, Jesus Stag, unknown acro (bottom right) and another ORA Valida:
IMG_0178.JPG

FTS 5/27/12
IMG_0126.JPG

Enjoy!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: