KuyaMark

Pinoy Reef Addict!
Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
thanks Tony also thanks for the advice about bare bottom i'm actually going to have a deep sand bed in the sump and probably go bare bottom.!
i'm in doubt because I have a sand sifting star fish and I really like him a lot!
But I dunno i'll see in a couple of days. LOL

hey pnoyreefer salamat pare I hope it turns out like 72 bow I never had a problem with it!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
this i think is starting to catch the eyes of some local reefers nowadays.. some people are looking to do maybe lets say a partition midway on the bottom of the tank and do one side sand and the other barebottom.. if there was no partition i dont think it would work out o to well..

KuyaMark

Pinoy Reef Addict!
Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
man I remember starting out with just a 5 gal nano cube I bought from Drenalyn9, then switch to a 30 gal, then to a 65, then to a 72 bow , and NOW A 120 Gal tank YIKES. All of this in a span of 2 years! What did I get myself into!

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
KuyaMark said:
HUH??? What do u mean are you joking around or are you serious!

No joke here. I'm serious.:) I was thinking of my next tank as half DSB and half BB since they both have their pros and cons.

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
:Thinking:
I think it's feasible to do half half if put a 3" wide acylic in the middle bottom of the tank. Why are you laughing russ? :headache: :headache: :headache:

masterswimmer said:
:lol2: Talk about being on the fence! :rolleyes:

Mark, looking forward to seeing the water flow! Good luck my friend.

swimmer

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
romain said:
:Thinking:
I think it's feasible to do half half if put a 3" wide acylic in the middle bottom of the tank. Why are you laughing russ? :headache: :headache: :headache:

Your comment:

romain said:
I was thinking of my next tank as half DSB and half BB since they both have their pros and cons.

I just thought it was funny going with BB & DSB because they both have their pros and cons. That is the exact definition of being 'On The Fence'. Nothing more.

swimmer

KuyaMark

Pinoy Reef Addict!
Rating - 99.4%
173   1   0
Here's the finish product! Thanks to Chris5, he and my bro did an amazing job aquascaping!

Attachments

• Tank Upgrade 002.jpg
    Tank Upgrade 002.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Tank Upgrade 004.jpg
    Tank Upgrade 004.jpg
    398.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Tank Upgrade 005.jpg
    Tank Upgrade 005.jpg
    406.4 KB · Views: 155
  • Tank Upgrade 006.jpg
    Tank Upgrade 006.jpg
    466.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Tank Upgrade 008.jpg
    Tank Upgrade 008.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 151
  • Tank Upgrade 009.jpg
    Tank Upgrade 009.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 153
  • Tank Upgrade 010.jpg
    Tank Upgrade 010.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 152
  • Tank Upgrade 020.jpg
    Tank Upgrade 020.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 151

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Talk about a job and a half ...I got to kuyas house at about 8:30am left at around 5pm ...Now I know personally how crazy the bigger tanks can get!! We went for the more "2 islands" look compliments of Carls Tank on Reef Videos.com....A more simplicated version lol ....Worked out pretty well, when everything fills out it should be amazing!!! To bad i dont have room for anything bigger than my 65g!!!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: